[artinfo] Visegrad Fund call for Visual and Sound Artists Residencies

by way of János Sugár czegledy at interlog.com
Tue Oct 17 11:36:48 CEST 2023

Artists, and everyone to whom it may concern:

As you might have seen already, the Visegrad Fund
call for Visual and Sound Artists Residencies are
open.
The Deadline to apply is 15 October 2023. You
have to apply personally as an artist for this,
and come from PL, SK, HU.

If you are interested in coming to KRA Vyso?ina
(Kravín Rural Arts), please send a proposal and
we can provide you with the necessary documents,
like a letter of acceptance etc...
We usually accept residencies for summer (June till October)
More information on our activities you can find on the website.

For 2024 we are looking for artists who are
interested in bioacoustics of water soundscapes
(ponds, rives, ditches, rains, etc) and species
monitoring via ultrasonics (bats, crickets, mice,
etc). We are setting up a program combining
citizen science and creative performances. Those
are big words but let's keep it simple and if you
like to expand your field recordings in those
areas, feel welcome and join in with or
contribute to the Summer of the KRA program 2024.
It is a nice depopulated area around here, in
between protected natural and agricultural areas.

Something general:

KRA (kravin rural arts, https://kra.land) is
installed in a historical building, or old
neglected farm, or simply: a ruin. We invite
artists to work experimentally with ecology and
technology, from within the countryside, in a
natural environment. Apart from these
residencies, we host an alternative music
festival (on/off) and organize presentations,
performances, participations. During the korona
years, we set up ButtuLab.Space as an incubator
for introducing new digital skills (3D
design/print, audiovisual, radio, networks, ...)
as a creative collaboration between the local
social and artisanal, media and co-working,
biofarming, leisure and learning places. KRA
participated in international art-science and
media art festivals/initiatives throughout the
year (Réveil, Nextfestival, World Listening Day,
Cultural EU Capital Esch art radio, Art's
Birthday, and more things you know better). We
also have contacts with sister-initiatives
throughout Europe through the PAN network, and of
course: CENSE! KRA's overal mission is to
establish a shared infrastructure and contribute
to the development of a liveable, critical and
creative, environmental 21st century countryside.
Sustained nearby, and connected elsewhere around.
Yes, the New Rural Development: let's make it
(DIY)!

Location and activities:
https://kra.land/?page_id=74
http://maps.google.com/?ll=49.763753,15.69198&spn=0.000968,0.002207&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6