[artinfo] A call for solidarity

Tue Feb 9 14:46:37 CET 2021

blok at blok.hr
www.blok.hr

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

To all our colleagues, friends, and comrades,

In 20 years of our existence, we have always made every effort to
ensure decent working conditions in the field of arts and cultural
production, through material, organizational, and contentwise,
conceptual support. Almost exclusively publicly financed, we have
produced innumerable free and widely available programs. We have
produced art projects in public spaces, prepared numerous
exhibitions, worked in less developed Croatian towns, published books
and publications, organized numerous public discussions and lectures,
as well as initiated actions in defense of culture as a public good.
Furthermore, in 2015 we opened our own exhibition venue, BAZA,
conceived as a new cultural activist space and made it available to
various comrade collectives.

Our collective has grown too, so now we employ five people. However,
last year has brought us (and numerous colleagues working in this
field) deep material insecurity and now we need your solidary support
in order for us to overcome the difficulties and save jobs. The
pandemic and the earthquake have made our situation even worse, but
it is, in all honesty, the result of a long-term stagnating cultural
policy in the Republic of Croatia.

We are grateful for any gesture of solidarity and every donation you can make.

Our account is: HR1923600001101414852. Please note that we cannot
receive payments via PayPal (due to our bookkeeping requirements).

Solidary regards,

Ana, Dunja, Ivana, Jelena i Vesna

<https://blok.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d81872ef912f0e756c14f33aa&id=53b4af0490&e=def18ca27d>Facebook
post