[artinfo] Museum of Art in Public Spaces seeks curator

e-flux info at mailer.e-flux.com
Mon May 18 14:23:59 CEST 2020

Seeking curator

KOS Museum of Art in Public Spaces
Nørregade 29
4600 Køge
Denmark

<https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/vf100h9rvjcb1/track-url/cg6441cst7e5d/1cbf9765e4c5c78e4d80fb98de6789d54d083561>koes.dk
<https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/vf100h9rvjcb1/track-url/cg6441cst7e5d/21bd5c1249d57a39da549aa7498458f976cc52ee>Instagram

KOS Museum of Art in Public Spaces is looking for
a committed, visionary curator to join our
dedicated team in producing and promoting public
art projects that address and involve people in
the key issues societies face today.

KOS is currently operating with two key
initiatives: developing the first comprehensive
Danish presentation of public art's unique
history - including a permanent main exhibition
and a digital platform - as well as curating,
producing and commissioning new permanent and
temporary public art projects. On top of this,
the museum produces focused, thematic exhibitions
highlighting and debating the value public art
generates for society.

Assignments and collaborations
As curator you will play a central role in
furthering the development and production of
these initiatives. Your responsibilities will
include curating the planned permanent exhibition
in dialogue with the museum's director, post doc
scholar, other museum staff and external
partners, as well as curating thematic
exhibitions on a smaller scale and commissioning
new public art projects.

At KOS we produce exhibitions, art commissions,
public programmes and learning activities as a
team. As curator you will therefore also make an
active contribution to our public programming and
educational activities in close collaboration
with the museum's public programme manager,
educational programme manager, press and
communication officer and exhibition producer, as
well as the new curatorial head of collections
(to be appointed later this year).

Qualifications and experience
Documented and professional dedication to
international public art is essential for you to
qualify as a curator at KØS. You're a trained and
talented concept developer with curatorial
experience in exhibitions and art in the public
realm. What is essential, however, is that you
have the curatorial power necessary to join us in
taking the field of public art-and KØS as
Denmark's primary research centre in the
field-forward into the future.

We also expect you to have an educational
background in art history or related fields, and
an extensive knowledge of contemporary art and
especially public art.

As our colleague you can work independently, take
the initiative and possess drive, but you're also
good at collaborating, empathising and respecting
other professions. We expect you to be flexible
and thrive with creative processes where not all
the answers are given in advance, but that as an
experienced and skilled project manager you are
also able to work towards goals with respect for
deadlines.

What we have to offer
We offer you a unique opportunity to have an
impact on public art in Denmark as part of a team
that is developing apace with high ambitions and
a lively culture for debating issues that matter.
You will be part of a friendly and respectful
work environment with considerate, intelligent
colleagues.

About KØS
KØS Museum of Art in Public Spaces is dedicated
to researching, promoting, and debating public
art nationally and internationally. The museum
exhibits, produces and promotes art projects by
national and international artists, initiates
research that boosts the field theoretically, and
collects and registers the material and digital
traces of public art projects.

To request a copy of KØS' strategy for 2020-2024
please mail to our public programme manager
Camilla Gerhardt at: cg at koes.dk

If you have questions regarding the position
please contact the museum's director Ulrikke
Neergaard at
<https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/vf100h9rvjcb1/track-url/cg6441cst7e5d/c3c99f1310386fe4197f372b533e5f80ff22b025>une at koes.dk
or on T +45 30 60 06 67

Practical information
The position is 37 hours weekly with paid lunch
breaks and flexible working hours.

The contract runs until the end of 2024, with the
subsequent possibility of extension/ permanent
appointment.

Salary in accordance with Danish union rates for academic museum staff.

Place of work: KØS, Nørregade 29, 4600 Køge, Denmark.

Job start: July 1, 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).

Application deadline: 12pm noon on Friday, June
5, 2020. Please e-mail your application and CV to
<https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/vf100h9rvjcb1/track-url/cg6441cst7e5d/5727aaff6c6756988bbbe20a6e0ce4a28e447937>cg at koes.dk

We plan to interview candidates during the week
beginning Monday June 8th, with follow-up
interviews including an assignment the week after.