[artinfo] Call for Papers: COVID-19 and Media

Cecile Landman cilela at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 25 20:20:12 CET 2020

Call for Papers - 2K: COVID-19 and Media

Media are central to the COVID-19 pandemic. They are implicated in
the ways information and emotions are communicated and/or obscured;
how individuals connect when they can no longer meet face-to-face;
the ways different forms of expertise and diverse viewpoints come
together, compete, or are neglected in the public sphere; what new
and newly abundant data are available for collection and put to new
uses by government and corporations, among other things. To that end,
we invite 250-word abstracts for a special 2K issue on "COVID-19 and
Media."
We welcome proposals that in some way address how
media--professionals, content, publics, institutions, and
platforms--shape the understanding and response to COVID-19, as well
as the potential longer-term implications of media-related issues and

In an effort to facilitate timely publication,
the deadline for abstracts is April 5.
The final essays will be due May 1.
Please send abstracts and/or questions to
Matthew Powers (mjpowers at uw.edu) and
Adrienne Russell (adruss at uw.edu).

https://journals.sagepub.com/pb-assets/SMS%20Call%20for%20Papers%20-%20Corona.pdf