[artinfo] Open call: One-Off Moving Image Festival 2020

zsolt zsoltfm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 19:10:21 CET 2020

One-Off Moving Image Festival 2020

We're calling for one second long movies on the theme "Browsing right and wrong" for the third edition of One-Off Moving Image Festival!. This year we're also calling for a second type of movie: long single takes browsing your city or surroundings in a psychogeographical manner.
Deadline for participation: 26 January 2020.

All movies will be screened during the festival February 10 - 16, 2020 in public spaces in Valencia (ES) and Gol (NO) in addition to the net.

We're also collaborating with 60Seconds Festival in Copenhagen (DK) taking place in parallel, to screen a selection of the one second movies mixed with 60 seconds movies in Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Køge and Helsingør during the festival week.

In addition, all one second movies will be included in the next Leap Second Festival, an irregular x-ennale lasting one second.

One second movie submission

# one second short
# original material
# no credits added to the movie
# following the theme
# mp4 web-optimized format
# 4x3 aspect ratio (use letterbox to convert from other aspect ratios.)

Long single take movie submission

This is a new format for the festival this year. The idea is that the movies document a psychogeographical wandering of the city, the surroundings, or the web, being all generally ways of browsing, ways of seeing. The long, single take is ment to provide a subjective gaze following its appetites for right and wrong browsing, drift and surfing. The movie-making is considered performative and site-specific and the movie a documentation of the action. In this way the festival is taking place at the site of the movies and becomes a distributed event.
If you're interested submitting a movie, we'll ask you to put up a A4-size QR-code along the path where your movie was recorded. This QR-code should refer to another movie from the festival recorded another place. In this sense an audience scanning the QR-code would be mapped onto another physical place and superimposed another walk or browsing. We hope this format can give another dimension to the 'one-off moving image' concept.
Some simple instructions will be sent you when you submit a movie.

# a few minutes to a couple of hours long
# single take, no editing
# original material
# no credits added to the movie
# following the theme
# mp4 web-optimized format
# max size 1 GB
# resolution: take into account the movies will preferably be viewed on smartphones

Read more and submit work at
https://noemata.net/one-off/ <https://noemata.net/one-off/>