[artinfo] Community Conversation: Culture for Solidarity

oberliht info at oberliht.org
Fri Dec 11 13:31:47 CET 2020

From: "European Cultural Foundation" <culturalfoundation at mailinglijst.nl>

Culture for Solidarity

Dear friend of the European Cultural Foundation,

We are writing to invite you to our online community conversations

on Culture for Solidarity

on 18 December, 2020 14:00-15:30 CET.

All across Europe, citizens (including those who
are not formally recognised as such) are
realising they are not alone and are organising
their communities. They are creating new online
and offline spaces where working together and
generating solidarity is what matters. In these
spaces culture functions as a language to
describe reality, to express feelings and
opinions. Culture works to strengthen social ties
and helps to imagine alternative ways of living
and engaging with others in understanding, trust
and peace. Connecting these spaces will provide
crucial infrastructure for a cultural movement
that can reclaim European democracy.

Fifty cultural activists and mediators from
across Europe were invited to Culture Lab Europe,
an online event to strengthen this movement. They
worked on common initiatives that will strengthen
European Public Space. In this community
conversation on 18 December at 14:00 - 15:30 CET
they share their ideas on how to further develop
their initiatives, the impact they envision and
the challenges they encounter.

The speakers of this community conversation are
Roberto Pérez Gayo from Movement Erasmus, Liana
Kuyumcuyan and Theo Prodromidis from Permaculture
Solidarity, Mike Manicardi from Make the
Invisible Visible, Diana Filimon from Fellowship
of Questions and guests from Ecology of care.

The conversation will be hosted in zoom. In order
to access the zoom link, we ask you to register.

https://culturalfoundation.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=18d3e4c2f6eba867fb23be611&id=3fc89e6949

https://culturalfoundation.eu/