[artinfo] Hackers & Designers Summer Academy, Amsterdam

Art & Education edu-news at mailer.e-flux.com
Fri May 10 23:20:50 CEST 2019

Open call for participation: Hackers & Designers
Summer Academy 2019 in Amsterdam
July 15-26, 2019

Submission deadline: June 1

Kunststad
NDSM-plein 127
1033 Amsterdam
Netherlands

<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=25981&L=175184&F=H>hackersanddesigners.nl
<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=25981&L=22537&F=H>
HDSA2019: Coded Bodies
Interested in exploring the boundaries of
existing technology, programming platforms,
online/offline networks, user experiences?
Thinking through making? Looking for new
challenges and cross-disciplinary collaboration?
Join the H&D Summer Academy 2019.

<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=25981&L=175183&F=H>Submit
your motivation for joining the 5th edition of
the Hackers & Designers Summer Academy Coded
Bodies
before June 1.

Coded Bodies
The 5th edition of the H&D Summer Academy focuses
on topics relating to the (human, post-human,
trans-human, non-human) body and its
interdependence with technology. By creating
shared moments of learning and unlearning, H&D
invites participating makers to discuss topics
related to ubiquitous computing, disappearance of
interfaces, transhumanism, digitized bodies,
biometric data, agency of user, representation
and citizenshipŠ

The participation fee for the 2 week program is
300,00 EUR (ex VAT), and includes access to all
workshops, public programs, a collective welcome
dinner and daily lunch catered by vegan magician
Tara's keuken.

Bring Your Own Workshop (BYOW)*
The H&D Summer Academy aims to create space for
experimentation, self-organisation,
self-determined learning, and peer2peer exchange,
while promoting "hands-on learning" to enable
critical design and developer's practices. We
therefore open the possibility for participants
to contribute to the Summer Academy with a
workshop*.

You can submit a workshop proposals before May
15, 2019. See also,
<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=25981&L=175184&F=H>open
call for workshops.

*There is limited space for workshop
contributions. We therefore will make a selection.

Hackers & Designers (H&D) is an Amsterdam-based
non-profit and cross-disciplinary community of
programmers, engineers, designers, and artists.
H&D initiates coding and design workshops,
putting forth experiments in (self-)education.
H&D aims to challenge predetermined hierarchies
in work relations and knowledge economies by
proposing modes of self-initiation, hands-on
inquiry, and collaboratively learning and
unlearning about technology.

For any additional informations visit our
<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=25981&L=175184&F=H>website
or contact us at
<mailto:info at hackersanddesigners.nl?subject=HDSA2019>info at hackersanddesigners.nl

The activities of Hackers & Designers are kindly
supported by Stimuleringsfonds Creative
Industries Fund NL.