[artinfo] New position of Associate Curator, Kunstverein, Amsterdam

e-flux info at mailer.e-flux.com
Thu Mar 28 13:14:26 CET 2019

New position of Associate Curator to begin in September 2019

Deadline for application: April 30

Kunstverein (Amsterdam) is seeking an Associate
Curator who will be responsible for two of the
four main projects taking place annually. We are
looking for a candidate who has affinity with our
mission and our program, is a critical thinker, a
keen problem-solver and capable of working
independently as well as being part of our team.

The associate curator will be making a
substantial contribution to the overall program
of Kunstverein, with projects that are free in
form and can vary from a series of events, to an
exhibition or focus on a publication.

The candidate should have a relevant degree or
equivalent experience in an equal position. A
minimum of 2 years experience in arts
administration, programming or a related field is
a basic requirement. Our ideal candidate would
possess a broad knowledge of activities in
contemporary art and related fields on a global
level, as well as maintain an extensive global
professional network. They would have excellent
communication skills, written and oral, as well
as exceptional attention to detail, including
proofreading and editing capabilities.

We want to underline that you do not need to be
based in the Netherlands to apply, nor does the
chosen candidate need to relocate to the
Netherlands.

For more information please see:
<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=112867&N=25517&L=4288&F=H>www.kunstverein.nl

Kunstverein
Hazenstraat 28
1016 SR Amsterdam
The Netherlands

<MAILTO:office at kunstverein.nl>office at kunstverein.nl
  <>
Kunstverein is a curatorial office that
researches and pushes the concepts of art
presentation and was founded in 2009 by Maxine
Kopsa and Krist Gruijthuijsen. It is a space for
exhibitions, performative and social events and,
at times, a bookshop. Kunstverein is also a
publishing house and a membership-based
franchise, with sister "vereins" in Toronto and
Milan. Kunstverein pairs discreet institutional
ambition with beneficial nonconformity, on an
intimate scale. Kunstverein questions prevailing
models of presentation and at the same time
remains in dialogue with the existing discursive
field (local and global) so as to propose
inspiring alternatives to staging cultural
production.

After 10 years, co-founding director Maxine Kopsa
will be leaving Kunstverein, but in good hands:
Yana Foqué will be taking over as director.

Kopsa: "It's time to pass on the baton. I am
extremely proud and satisfied with the work done
thus far and excited to see a new generation take
on the next ten years. Kunstverein fulfills a
crucial part in the cultural landscape of the
city and has built up a solid network
internationally. In these difficult times, I
believe Kunstverein's role as cultural generator
for reflection and conversation on an intimate
yet global level can only expand."

Foqué: "I look forward to carry on the line of
remarkable projects that Kunstverein has become
known for with a renewed team. Together we will
reassess what our (cultural) climate lacks today
and attempt to fill those gaps, with one eye on
the past and the other on the now."