[artinfo] #nfcdab 2018 trondheim - open call for works
b2 at c3.hu
Sat Mar 24 18:51:12 CET 2018
*open call for works*
the 3rd near-field communication digital art biennale is calling for
works that use and interact with P2P (peer-to-peer) dynamic and
distributed form of electromagnetic, light and wireless technology
the idea of the biennale is to take advantage of the potential of near
field communication and other sharing technologies for promoting and
making web-based digital art accessible in physical settings. it's also
an attempt of bringing this art outside the framework of galleries and
#nfcdab 2018 will take place in Warsaw, Wroclaw(PL), Amsterdam(NL),
Trondheim(NO), Valencia(ES), and possibly Prague(CZ), Berlin (DE),
this call is directed towards the trondheim leg, although the works will
be shared between all nodes.
*trondheim biennale date: 4-6 may 2018.*
location: trondheim, norway, in the context of metamorf and dangerous
NFC tags, QR codes, modified routers, 2 categories of sensors: A.
embedded human sensory pack, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense> ; B. sensors in mobile devices,
suggestive descriptions of what we're looking for
- contextual, parasitic, virtual, imaginary, descriptive,
phenomenological, mapping art.
- parasitic on art context and on human percpeption.
- the character of the trondheim leg is low-tech and low profile, even
to to the degree of being 'bricked' (unresponsive) as a strategy against
the spectacle which is technology.
- a focus on the relation between inert physical objects and their
virtual counterpart in a broad sense being objects of our perception -
coming alive, activated by innate or prostetic sensors.
- fictionalization, obfuscation, and muddling of information, activating
associative, lateral, derailing storylines. a staging of events, not for
common digestion all bombyx (written on a box of canned silk worm
pupaes). there should always be the possibility that the biennale
doesn't exist. it may be a practical joke or simply a hallucinating of
arcane references found in public spaces, toilet walls, and bricked
- the works can be textual descriptions of possible or impossible
artworks for the locations. invert works to 'prompts' for activating the
subject 'in place of the work'.
- alternative mapping strategies between physical and virtual.
- how the tech can be used to invert modes of exhibition and perception.
- people can act like sensors, works can be prompts - an activation of
your innate senses.
- descriptive art, the code-tag can act as a prompt for people to write,
to email, web or nfc message board.
- a description of a virtual artwork ('imaginary works of art in certain
locations', joubin), or reinterpretation of a real (or virtual!) work at
- hybrid object, virtual-real, the tag refers to its virtual
- an object's memory, available to the decoder, and collected by
- virtual graffiti, a camera obscura - creating of an inverted
- ambulating, walking, tagging, flaneur.
*submit your work to #nfcdab 2018*
- content playable or bricked on mobile, portable devices, human senses
- whatever you can conjure up related to the call, even being its
- interventions and tripwires.
- send link or text to nfcdab3 at noemata.net <mailto:nfcdab3 at noemata.net>
*deadline: 25 april 2018.*
link to this call: http://noemata.net/5504
#nfcdab - A DIY international and independent digital art biennale that
uses wireless technology, light waves and electromagnetic fields e.g.:
Wi-Fi routers, QR codes or NFC tags for accessing content with your
#nfcdab 2018 is a multi-centered biennale organized by
nfcwproject/dominik podsiadly, browserbased, and noemata, and will take
place in Warsaw, Wroclaw(PL), Amsterdam(NL), Trondheim(NO),
Valencia(ES), and possibly Prague(CZ), Berlin (DE), throughout 2018.
More information about the Artinfo