[artinfo] Plato's Academy is at risk!

János Sugár sj at c3.hu
Tue Jun 12 21:53:00 CEST 2018

Plato's Academy is a place of great symbolic significance worldwide:
in 387 BC, one of the oldest universities in the world and a cradle
of Western civilization was founded here.
In this area North-West of the ancient City of Athens, on the banks
of Kifissos river and among several places of worship, a gymnasium
and a sacred olive groove dedicated to the goddess Athena, Plato
established his famous philosophical school!

A shopping mall of any kind, let alone of the size and disrespectful
disposition of a project naming itself Academy Gardens, is utterly
incompatible in this context and has to be revoked! Conversely, we
believe that the neighborhood possesses the qualities needed for all
of us to seek a better quality of life, better, healthier and more
vibrant community lives we are in need of.

Please sign this petition! Plato's Academy and its neighborhood are at risk!

http://academygardens.org/