[artinfo] Seeking new Director for Kunsthalle Bielefeld

e-flux info at mailer.e-flux.com
Thu Dec 20 14:35:59 CET 2018

Seeking new Director

Kunsthalle Bielefeld
Artur-Ladebeck-Straße 5
33602 Bielefeld
Germany
Hours:	Tuesday-Sunday	11am-6pm,
	Wednesday	11am-9pm,
	Saturday	10am-6pm

T +49 521 329995017
<MAILTO:info at kunsthalle-bielefeld.de>info at kunsthalle-bielefeld.de

<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=112867&N=24612&L=5704&F=H>www.kunsthalle-bielefeld.de
<>

The Kunsthalle Bielefeld is renowned both
nationally and internationally for modern and
contemporary art of the 20th and 21st centuries.
For 50 years the museum, designed by Philip
Johnson, has been an important cultural center in
East Westphalia-Lippe, located between Hannover
and the Ruhr District. The Kunsthalle is operated
as a non-profit organization by the City of
Bielefeld and two other equal partners.

The City of Bielefeld has decided to renovate the
Kunsthalle from the ground up, equipping it with
the latest technology and starting over with a
new strategy. In support of this undertaking, we
are seeking a Director by January 2020. The
successful candidate will lead the museum as
managing director, contribute to the planning
process, and help to identify and define
opportunities and perspectives.

The director's duties include:

-Conceiving and producing exhibitions
-Overseeing and developing the collection
-Involvement in multiple activities and programs centered on cultural education
-Responsibility for the museum's economic well-being

Applicants should have completed a degree in art
history, art studies, or a comparable, relevant
subject, and will also have independently curated
exhibitions within the framework of a museum or
similar institution. We are seeking someone with
leadership skills and experience in management,
who also has a wide network of professional
contacts, both in Germany and abroad. You must be
able to lead the Kunsthalle Bielefeld based on
its established reputation, while supplying new
ideas and innovation that will take it into the
future. Your outstanding conceptual,
communicative, and organizational skills, along
with your teamwork-oriented approach, will serve
you well in this position. For more information
about the job's duties and requirements, please
see
<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=112867&N=24612&L=5704&F=H>www.kunsthalle-bielefeld.de.

The Chairman of the Board of the Kunsthalle
Bielefeld gGmbH, Mr. Georg Fortmeier, is
available via
<mailto:fortmeier at kunsthalle-bielefeld.de>fortmeier at kunsthalle-bielefeld.de
for further questions.

We request that all applications and accompanying
documents be submitted digitally by January 31,
2019, to the address of the city's cultural
affairs officer,
<mailto:udo.witthaus at bielefeld.de>udo.witthaus at bielefeld.de.
Confidentiality is guaranteed.