[artinfo] Call for applications: Rijksakademie Residency 2020

e-flux info at mailer.e-flux.com
Sat Dec 15 12:20:54 CET 2018

Rijksakademie Residency 2020

Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten
Sarphatistraat 470
1018 GW Amsterdam
The Netherlands

<MAILTO:application at rijksakademie.nl>application at rijksakademie.nl

<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=112867&N=24556&L=167688&F=H>www.rijksakademie.nl

Application period: January 1-February 1, 2019

This is an open call, but what does it mean to be open?

The Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten invites applications from
artists to develop their work over one or two-year periods in
Amsterdam.

The Rijksakademie's artist community has a unique ecology, which is
highly international, multi-disciplinary, experimental and critically
engaged. Artists are supported with a studio, a stipend, by a wide
range of artistic and technical advisors, including artists, curators
and thinkers, and have access to well-equipped workshops, a library
and discursive engagement. We have a commitment to diversity, to
working with a global perspective and with sensitivity to the local.

As an artist, you are ready to make the most of these resources. You
are open to challenging yourself, to working alongside positions that
are vastly different from one another, and to engaging with wider
social and discursive programmes. We are also interested in practices
that maximise the social and transformative power of art.

Selected artists usually have finished a BA/MA education and have a
few years of independent professional practice before starting a
residency at the Rijksakademie, but there is no prerequisite to have
undertaken a formal art education.

Every year, about 22 places become available. We are seeking
residents for the period beginning January-December 2020, with the
possibility of staying one year more. You can apply by completing the
online application form on the website between January 1-February 1,
2019.

Contact: <mailto:application at rijksakademie.nl>application at rijksakademie.nl