[artinfo] open call for participation at Tate Exchange

Art & Education edu-news at mailer.e-flux.com
Mon Apr 23 23:30:43 CEST 2018

Imagined Biennales: open call for participation at Tate Exchange

Submission deadline: April 27, 2018, 5pm

Tate Exchange
Blavatnik Building
Level 5, Tate Modern
London
United Kingdom

<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=22305&L=22304&F=H>www.southampton.ac.uk

Submit ideas for a new biennale

The proliferation of biennales and other perennial art events around
the world reveal huge energy, creativity and social engagement within
the sphere of contemporary art. These events are always more than the
art they represent. So what do we want from our biennales and how do
we get it?

We invite short presentations or video submissions as part of a
debate at Tate Exchange (Tate Modern) on "Imagined Biennales."
Selected submissions will be invited to present ideas as part of Tate
Exchange on Sunday, May 13 and will be included in the forthcoming
publication
<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=22305&L=22305&F=H>How
to Biennale! The Manual

To apply: submit a one-page expression of interest to
<mailto:s.manghani at soton.ac.uk>Professor Sunil Manghani outlining the
main context and key ideas for a short 5-10 minute presentation.

All presentations should aim to prompt wide-ranging dialogue as part
of the event.

Deadline: April 27, 2018

Further details:
<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=22305&L=22304&F=H>www.southampton.ac.uk/cpwsa/imagined-biennales.page