[artinfo] Open call: The W:OW Project - We Are One World

Wilfried Agricola de Cologne artvideokoeln at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:13:54 CET 2017

Open call
Deadline: 1 June 2017

The W:OW Project - We Are One World -
<http://wow.engad.org>http://wow.engad.org
is a global networking project to be realised
between 2017 and 2022 in an exchange between
virtual and physical space (online/offline)
including artists, curators and cultural
institutions from all parts on the globe.

The project initiated & curated by Agricola de
Cologne, director of artvideoKOELN, is dealing
with the most essential question of human
existence, eg. the survival of the human species
on planet EARTH - to be released in different
presentation formats - a festival (video) - W:OW
Art Film & Video Festival - travelling around the
globe and the virtual and a physical exhibition
open for a wide range of artistic media  -
moving, interactive and static images -
non-visual: soundart (video, netart, multimedia,
VR, games, photography, digital image, soundart
etc).

While "The W:OW Project" core does not include
physical objects, the presentation format of the
“exhibition", however, is offering the chance for
invited curators to do so.

Participating is free of charge.

There is not doubt, that the current human
civilization is about to destroy itself through
itself. Many ancient civilizations were erased
because they were extensively exploiting and
misusing the natural resources destroying their
nutrition fundament and own living habitat, the
same way as we do on a much more radically global
scale increasingly since decades. Do we learn
from history?

Just some keywords: climate change, global
warming, fresh water, military conflicts on water
resources, migration, transmigration, refugees,
respect, tolerance, new technologies,
communicating media, populist and ant-democratic
movements, exploition of natural resources,
globally acting companies, habitable zones,
future generations, global responsibility and
many more.

The sciences have proved: we all  - whereever we
are living on Earth - have the same one ancestor
in Africa. It is not too late that we, eg. the
whole mankind  - sitting in the same boat have to
take responsibility for each other which is
requiring the greatest common efforts to prevent
the collapse of the biological, ecological,
social and cultural systems on Earth, and save
our planet as habitable not only for the living,
but also the future generations.

“The W:OW Project" is inviting artists from all
over the world working in different media to
reflect Present and Future of our planet as the
place where life as such, the amazing diversity
of a magnificent nature and the human species had
the chance to arise, where this human species
made such incredible achievements during the
civilisatory development until these days based
on humanity, empathy and creativity, expressed,
for instance, in art, the sciences and a free and
open democratic society - We Are One World.

More details, the regulations and entry form can
be found on netEX - calls & deadlines -
<http://netex.nmartproject.net/?p=7656>http://netex.nmartproject.net/?p=7656

////////////////////////////////////////////

The W:OW Project - We Are One World -
<http://wow.engad.org>http://wow.engad.org
is a common project by artvideoKOELN, The New
Museum of Networked Art and invited networking
instances (artists, curators & cultural
institutions)
<http://artvideo.koeln>http://artvideo.koeln -
artvideokoeln (at) <http://gmail.com>gmail.com

WOW.01 / India

The W:OW Art Film & Video Festival @ Kochi Muziris Biennial 2016/2017

in the context of VIDEO Vortex XI - 23-26 February 2017
<http://blog.nmartproject.net/?p=5420>http://blog.nmartproject.net/?p=5420
<http://videovortex11.net>http://videovortex11.net