[artinfo] Open Call for Artists / Studio of Young Artists' Association

Fiatal Kepzőművészek Stúdiója Egyesület fiatalkepzomuveszekstudioja at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 17:50:34 CEST 2017

Open call for artists in frame of Visegrad Artist Residency Program

The Visual&Sound Arts residencies
<http://visegradfund.org/residencies/visual-sound-arts/> of the Visegrad
Artist Residency Program (VARP) aim to facilitate the mobility and exchange
of Visegrad Group (V4) countries’ citizens with providing a possibility for
artists to take part in a three-month-long residency program implemented in
a V4 country other than that of the applicant’s citizenship/residence. To
apply for the residency, artists should find a host organization, which
will accept his/her residency project, and fill out and send an application
form to Visegrad Fund.

The Studio of Young Artists’ Association (SYAA), as a potential host
organization welcomes project proposals of artists under the age of 35
years from all backgrounds which are in line with the mission of Studio and
the objectives of the residency.

Funding

Artists will receive a monthly residency fee (scholarship) of €750. SYAA
will provide accommodation for the artists and can provide an artist
studio, if it is requested. During the residency, artists are welcome to
use the gallery space <http://studio.c3.hu/en/studio-gallery/> and the
projectroom <http://studio.c3.hu/en/studio-no-2-projectroom/> of the Studio
to organize events, workshops, exhibitions and present the outcome of the
residency project.

How to apply

Send an application to fiatalkepzomuveszekstudioja at gmail.com with “VARP
residency” in the email’s subject including:

   -

   Curriculum Vitae
   -

   portfolio
   -

   project proposal (200 words maximum)

until the 25th of August 2017.

About the Studio of Young Artists’ Association

The Studio of Young Artists’ Association (SYAA) is a professional
organisation, which has been functioning for nearly 6 decades, always
giving dynamic responses to current art and social issues. The Association
has a membership of about 500 artists, curators, art historians, and
critics.

The objective of the association is to facilitate the emergence and the
work of its members in the cultural and artistic life. We foster the
establishment of professional contacts, our members’ presence in Hungarian
and international exhibitions and residencies, and we provide them with
information and organizational support. The association also helps
Hungarian and foreign curators and artists to get in contact with the young
Hungarian art scene and to build collaborations.

FKSE maintains relationships with Hungarian and foreign art organisations
from Finland to Buenos Aires. The aim of our international projects is to
contribute to the reputation of Hungarian art and to create possibilities
of cooperation among the members of the international art world and the
young generation of Hungarian artists.

For more information, please visit:  http://studio.c3.hu/en/

--

*Fiatal Képzőművészek Stúdiója Egyesület*
www.studio.c3.hu