[artinfo] Apply now to UNIDEE Fall Term Programme in Cittadellarte

e-artnow info at e-artnow.org
Fri Jul 29 14:33:37 CEST 2016

UNIDEE - University of Ideas - Call for applications - Fall Term 2016

Cittadellarte - Fondazione Pistoletto

www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/

UNIDEE - University of Ideas is an educational
programme investigating the relationship between
art and the public sphere and combining theory
with practice. Through a new programme based on a
weekly research and project laboratory under the
guidance of a mentor and the active participation
of a guest, the residency modules developed for
2016 focus on three new macro topics wich are:
research, gift and alteration. Kicking off in
April, over the first 7 modules, the programme
saw the participation of 50 residents, including
established professionals and exceptionally
gifted individuals currently completing their BA,
MA or PhD degrees, representing 18 nationalities
worldwide. They are visual and performance
artists, curators, architects, critics, PhD
candidates, anthropologists, museum
professionals, etc.

FALL PROGRAMME:

19/ 23 September, 2016
Luigi Coppola with Daniel Blanga-Gubbay
Which language will I speak to you? Collective
voice after the end of protest -
<http://www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=73>www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=73
The module is a shared moment of research and
practices on strategies of taking and giving
voice in the public and political sphere,
starting from some urgent questions in the
construction (as linguistic agent) of a
collective consciousness.
Deadline: 02.09.2016

26/ 30 September, 2016
Antoni Muntadas with Alessandra Messali
Personal Imaginary Museum -
<http://www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=74>www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=74
The workshop explores the notion of 'Personal
Imaginary Museum' in art, architecture, history,
literature and cinema. It investigates the
distinctions between collection, archive and
museum. It raises questions such as: could a flea
market be perceived as a museum?
Deadline: 02.09.2016

3/ 7 October, 2016
Daria Filardo with Fatma Bucak
Practicing the Object. Give me an (art)object so
I can find my position and continue to move -
<http://www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=82>www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=82
In practicing the diverse possibilities of the
art object (through case studies, experiments,
analyses and production) mentor and participants
will be working the open definition of singular
and collective identities that are shaped in a
continuous collision of borders between art and
spectator.
Deadline: 09.09.2016

10/ 21 October, 2016 (bi-weekly module) Cittadellarte (IT), Art House (AL)
Adrian Paci with Edi Muka and Tea Çuni
The Encounter. Reclaiming the potentiality of
affection -
<http://www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=75>www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=75
The module is based on this: to reclaim the
artist's role as a narrator of a place, a story
or an experience recognizing the potential of it
and exploring it with affection and astonishment;
to renew the artist's gesture in relation to a
new exchange with the field of investigation and
cultivation.
Deadline: 09.09.2016

7/ 11 November, 2016
Aria Spinelli with Núria Güell
Elapsing Time in Expanded Artwork. Practices of
the unconscious through means of activism -
<http://www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=76>www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=76
Focusing on the relationship between emotion and
activism, the module looks at how practices of
listening and wellbeing enhance collective
sensibility within groups. It aims at widening
the horizon of on-going debates around the
relationship between artistic practices and
social movements by embodying emotionality in a
communal environment.
Deadline: 18.10.2016

14/ 18 November, 2016 (bi-weekly module) -
Cittadellarte (IT), City in the Making (NL)
STEALTH.unlimited (Ana DÏokiç and Marc Neelen)
with Erik Jutten and Piet Vollaard
Carving out the spaces for our commoned life: a
training ground -
<http://www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=77>www.cittadellarte.it/unidee/activity.html?id=77
The module takes different economic principles
and workings at its core. In the two weeks we
will explore whether artists, designers or
cultural practitioners can envision a novel
mutually supportive economic 'space' for their
lives and work.
Deadline: 14.10.2016

For informations and applications:
<http://www.cittadellarte.it/unidee>www.cittadellarte.it/unidee