[artinfo] Beyond the Obvious conference, 2017, Budapest

CULTURE ACTION EUROPE communication at cultureactioneurope.org
Mon Dec 12 15:42:22 CET 2016

Europe, quo vadis?
26 - 28 January 2017
Budapest | Hungary

The thought-provoking gathering of Culture Action Europe aims to look
beyond the obvious. A prophetic task fitting our mandate in society.
Every year since 2014 we update our definition of the obvious. What
was unthinkable the year or even the Day Before, becomes the New
Obvious.

Beyond the Obvious (BtO) is an annual gathering for privileged and
inspirational exchange between the European cultural community, civil
society, researchers, thinkers, institutional and political
representatives.

BtO enables and facilitates collaboration between actors from
different sectors of our societies seeking answers to common
challenges by putting culture at the heart of public debate and
decision-making.

Each year, BtO connects the European cultural community with the one
of the hosting city in a mutual exchange beneficial to the
empowerment of both communities and individuals.

Culture Action Europe (CAE) is a European network of artists,
cultural producers and activists, and membership organisations
dedicated to promoting culture as an essential element of sustainable
development both locally and on a European scale. It also contributes
intensively to the European debate on culture through the expertise
and the practice of a wide community of cultural organisations and
practitioners from different disciplines across Europe.

For twenty years CAE has organised annual conferences with its
members giving voice to over 80,000 cultural organisations from all
over Europe, and engaging thinkers and decision-makers from different
backgrounds to discuss and challenge the role of culture in the
future of Europe, its people and its democracy.

http://cultureactioneurope.org/milestone/beyond-the-obvious-2017/