[artinfo] CALL for ONE SECOND ARTIST RESIDENCIES - :60 Leap Second Festival

zsolt zsoltfm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:09:36 CET 2016

Dear list,

We'd like to invite you to this virtual flash residency program taking
place at the Leap Second Festival. The program is an art project in itself
and obviously doesn't require much resources from neither residencies
nor artists (no money or physical space is necessarily involved), only
an interest in exploring the concept of 'residency' in an art and
technology setting in creative ways. For instance, using networking
tools an artist can communicate in real time with a residency during
the leap second residency period, for instance, checking how the
residency web server implements the leap second! Which amounts to the
same as an artist asking "Does this residency I have really exist?".
For this reason we might then even go as far as consider the inclusion
of non-collaborative (or non-existing) residencies (and the artist as a
one second squatter/hacker). If this sounds interesting to you either as
artist or artist residency, we'd be glad to include you in the program!

This is a dating service between artists and art residencies that last
one second. All residencies take place at leap second on New Year's Eve
Dec 31 2016 23:59:60 UTC and last until Jan 1 2017 00:00:00 UTC.
Notice that despite lasting only one second the residencies span over
two years (2016-2017).

More:http://noemata.net/leapsec/2016/onesecres.call.html  http://leapsecond.date/