[artinfo] Globalisation during the Cold War

BeataHOCK beahock at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:28:37 CEST 2015

Globalisation during the Cold War: Culture, New Geopolitics and Che Guevara

WeberWorldCafé with international experts
November 16, 2015, 4:30 - 8 p.m.
Literaturcafé im Haus des Buches, Leipzig
Gerichtsweg 28
04103 Leipzig
To participate please register by sending your
name and affiliation to
<mailto:wwc at maxweberstiftung.de>
wwc at maxweberstiftung.de by November 11, 2015

How much was today's world order shaped by the
Cold War era and its end? What events represent
important caesurae of the East-West conflict
besides the year 1989, for instance the founding
of the United Nations, the Decolonization
starting in the 1960s and the catastrophe of
Chernobyl etc.? What role did new social,
political, and ecological movements, as well as
regional and international organisations play in
this? How were literature, the visual and
performing arts deployed as salient battlefields
in the global Cold War? And which changes are
difficult to explain from an European point of
view or are not a direct outcome of the end of
the conflict? With you, we would like to discuss
these and other questions on eight different
tables.

We kindly invite you to the WeberWorldCafé
"Globalisation during the Cold War: Culture, New
Geopolitics and Che Guevara". It will take place
on November 16, 2015 from 4:30 to 8 pm at the
Literaturcafé im Haus des Buches Leipzig.

The WeberWorldCafé is an interactive, biannual
event format that brings together researchers and
practitioners from various disciplines and
regions who meet and exchange their thoughts in a
relaxed, coffeehouse-like atmosphere. To enrich
the discussions we particularly invite students,
young scholars and the interested public to
participate in the talks.

The WeberWorldCafé "Globalisation during the Cold
War: Culture, New Geopolitics and Che Guevara" is
an event hosted by the
<http://uni-leipzig.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=cf888654a40ff760baa21be7f&id=a55e8eddcc&e=33463347dc>Max
Weber Stiftung - Deutsche
Geisteswissenschaftliche Institute im Ausland and
the
<http://uni-leipzig.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cf888654a40ff760baa21be7f&id=d7e6c89335&e=33463347dc>Forum
Transregionale Studien Berlin in cooperation with
the
<http://uni-leipzig.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cf888654a40ff760baa21be7f&id=1f9c866b07&e=33463347dc>Centre
for Area Studies Leipzig and the
<http://uni-leipzig.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cf888654a40ff760baa21be7f&id=6eaae33490&e=33463347dc>GIGA
German Institute for Global and Area Studies
Hamburg. It is curated by Jens Boysen (Deutsches
Historisches Institut Warschau), Steffi Marung
(Centre for Area Studies Leipzig) and Gesche
Schifferdecker (Max Weber Stiftung).

For more information about the event visit our
blog:
<http://uni-leipzig.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cf888654a40ff760baa21be7f&id=c6b664180d&e=33463347dc>wwc.hypotheses.org