[artinfo] Warsaw Photo Days 2015 Open Call

e-artnow info at e-artnow.org
Fri Oct 16 14:04:56 CEST 2015

Warsaw Photo Days 2015 Open Call

<http://warsawphotodays.com>warsawphotodays.com

Warsaw Photo Days open call deadline 1 November 2015

Warsaw Photo Days 2015
In November 2015 Warsaw Photo Days will launch its 3rd edition under
the theme TESTOSTERONE. 8 individual exhibitions selected in an open
contest formula will be presented in Warsaw galleries. Open Programme
welcomes entries from visual artists both nationally and
internationally, supporting all disciplines of photographic (and
photography-based) practice.
 From among the submitted entries, the curators will select 8 most
interesting projects, which will be presented in Warsaw galleries
during the festival. Out of the 8 finalists the jury will select the
GRAND PRIX winner, who will receive the prize of EURO 1200. The
exhibitions will be produced by the organiser from the high res files
received form the artists.

The theme of the 3rd edition of Warsaw Photo Days is TESTOSTERONE. We
are looking for projects that analyze or problematize the theme of
masculinity. Our understanding of the festival theme - Testosterone -
is broad. It could be the life force of the human kind, empowering
both men and women's lives. It may also be the subject of endless
social and civilizational readjustments, both physical and
psychological, redefined across generations, manifesting itself in a
number of different ways. We will look into the ways of picturing
contemporary masculine archetypes, its attributes, positive
developments and possible dangers.

Submissions sent by email to
<mailto:open at warsawphotodays.com>open at warsawphotodays.com have to
include the following:

1. pdf containing a set of photographs from the project ( resolution
72 dpi), file size up to 5Mb;

2. description in pdf - max. 1800 characters, that obligatory includes:
a / project statement;
b / information whether or not the project has already been presented
(if so, where);
c / proposed formats and technical description;
d / brief artist's bio;
e / for video work - a link to a web page;
f / contact information (email, phone, Skype, mailing address).

Our Jury will decline your submission if it does not follow all the guidelines.

All applications must be received by November 1, 2015 (23:59 CET).

One artist can submit one project for consideration.
There is no entry fee.
IMPORTANT DATES:
Application deadline: November 1, 2015
Results: November 5, 2015 - announced on
<http://www.warsawphotodays.com/>www.warsawphotodays.com
Exhibitions: 20 November - 15 December 2015

Detailed rules of participation can be found in the Terms and
conditions of the competition on
<http://www.warsawphotodays.com/>www.warsawphotodays.com

info at warsawphotodays.com
Katarzyna Majak