[artinfo] Journal for Artistic Research (JAR) issue 9 out now

e-artnow info at e-artnow.org
Mon Dec 21 21:14:54 CET 2015

Journal for Artistic Research (JAR) issue 9 out now

The online, peer-reviewed journal for the
publication and discussion of artistic research.

<http://www.jar-online.net/>www.jar-online.net

JAR is open-access, free to read and to contribute.

New issue with contributions by:
Nicole De Brabandere (CH), Markéta Dolej”ová
(CZ), David Prescott-Steed (AU), Karen Savage
(GB) and Mick Douglas (AU), Beth Weinstein (US) &
James Oliver (AU).

Artistic research in the fields of visual art,
food activism, urban exploration, rich-media
performance and film and video. Keywords include:
affect, walking art, citizen science, drawing,
land art, embodiment, nutrition and exhaustion.

'JAR has been increasingly successful in engaging
the most diverse communities of researchers, who
- despite our status as an academic publication -
are often activists at the fringes of or outside
academia. Our communications with these
researchers reveal that, while definitions of
'research' remain concerns, the adjective
'artistic' in our title perhaps introduces more
unnecessary complications than we may initially
have anticipated.
Š 'Artistic' understood through this lens directs
attention away from the results of singular human
activity and its outcomes towards
quasi-autonomous creative and epistemic
processes.'

JAR publishes research in a manner that respects
artists' modes of presentation and incorporates
web-enabled possibilities for a mix of media,
collaboration, debate and discussion. The journal
promotes experimental approaches to both writing
and reading research, while carefully fulfilling
the expectations of a peer-reviewed academic
journal. We welcome submissions from across and
between disciplines, from artists worldwide, with
or without academic affiliation.

JAR works with an international editorial board
and a large panel of peer-reviewers.

Editor-in-Chief: Michael Schwab
Editorial Board: Annette Arlander, Sher Doruff,
Barnaby Drabble, Mika Elo, Julian Klein and
Isidro López-Aparicio

Contact: <mailto:jar at jar-online.net>jar at jar-online.net

www.jar-online.net

c/o Society for Artistic Research