[artinfo] IEM Music Residency Program 2015 - Call for Applications (please distribute)
kovacs.balazs at art.pte.hu
Sun Oct 12 19:14:48 CEST 2014
IEM Music Residency Program 2015 - Call for Applications
The Institute of Electronic Music and Acoustics (IEM) in Graz, Austria
is happy to announce its new Music Residency program and invites
applications from composers/sound artists for the 2015 edition.
The Residency is aimed at individuals wishing to pursue projects in
performance, composition, installation and sound art, development of
tools for art production and related areas.
Duration of residency: 5 months
Start date: March 1st 2015 (negotiable)
Monthly salary: Approx. EUR 1100 (net)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1st of December 2014 23:59 CEST
The Institute of Electronic Music and Acoustics is a department of the
University of Music and Performing Arts Graz and was founded in 1965. An
internationally well renowned institution in its field, it currently
holds a staff of more than 25 members. IEM offers education to students
in composition and computer music, sound engineering, contemporary music
performance and musicology. It is well connected to the University of
Technology as well as to the University of Graz through two joint study
The artwork produced at IEM is released through the Institute's own
OpenCUBE and Signale concert series, as well as through various
collaborations with international artists and institutions.
IEM's main activities are centered around the three main research areas
Signal Processing and Acoustics
and contributions to these, or any other related field of relevance, are
invited for the Music Residency program.
What we expect from applicants:
- An outstanding project proposal that adds new perspectives to the
Institute's activities and resonates well with the interests of IEM.
- The successful applicant will work on-site in Graz for the major part
of the Residency.
- Willingness to exchange and share ideas, knowledge and results with
IEM staff members and students and engage in scholarly discussion.
- The ability to work independently within the Institute.
- A dissemination strategy as part of the project proposal that ensures
the publication of the work, or documentation thereof, in a suitable
format. This could be achieved for example through the release of media,
journal or conference publication, a project website or other means that
help to preserve the knowledge gained through the Music Residency and
make it available to the public.
What we offer to the successful applicant:
- Support in artistic production and arts-based research
- Exchange with competent and experienced staff members
- shared office space for the entire period and access to studios
including the CUBE which has a 24-channel loudspeaker system;
- Contact with peers from similar or other disciplines
- Infrastructure (electro-acoustic music studios, icosahedral
loudspeaker array, motion capture technology)
- Concert and presentation facilities (CUBE 24 channel loudspeaker
- Existing networks with local/international partners
- We provide a monthly salary of approx. EUR 1100 net per month in
addition to health and accident insurance.
An application form providing more information is available at
Feel free to contact residency at iem.at <mailto:residency at iem.at> if you
have any questions.
More information about the Artinfo