[artinfo] Trevor Paglen blogs for Fotomuseum Winterthur

e-artnow info at e-artnow.org
Fri Mar 28 11:09:18 CET 2014

Renowned artist Trevor Paglen blogs for
Fotomuseum Winterthur from March 1 till April 15,
2014

TREVOR PAGLEN for 'still searching'

Fotomuseum Winterthur

<http://blog.fotomuseum.ch>blog.fotomuseum.ch

Trevor Paglen and the 'Seeing Machines'

Renowned American artist Trevor Paglen
(Invisible: Covert Operations and Classified
Landscapes, The Last Pictures) is our guest
blogger on 'Still Searching' till April 15. His
topic: The world of 'seeing machines' - from
iPhones to facial recognition algorithms to
automated military targeting systems - and what
they mean in terms of 21st Century photography.
Paglen's first blog contribution that has already
attracted quite a few comments starts with many
questions, for instance this one: 'But if a
traditional understanding of 'photography' is
ill-suited to making sense of the 21st Century's
photographic landscape, then how do we begin to
think about what 'photography' has become and is
becoming?'

Look for answers and further pertinent questions
on
<http://www.blog.fotomuseum.ch/>www.blog.fotomuseum.ch

Fotomuseum Winterthur
Grüzenstrasse 44 + 45