[artinfo] open call for doctoral and post-doctoral candidates

Katerina Karoussos kkaroussos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 10:01:56 CEST 2014

OPEN CALL FOR DOCTORAL AND POST-DOCTORAL CANDIDATES
<http://www.i-node.org>www.i-node.org

The I-Node of Planetary Collegium, Plymouth
University, located at Ionion Center for the Arts
& Culture (ICAC) on the island of Cephalonia,
Greece, invites applications for doctoral and
post-doctoral candidates to be enrolled in
October 2014.

The Planetary Collegium is an international
platform for research in art, technology and
consciousness, with its hub (CAiiA) based in the
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Plymouth>University
of Plymouth. Its president is
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Ascott>Roy
Ascott.The Collegium consists of artists,
theoreticians and scholars who meet online and
periodically face-to-face in many parts of the
world, to develop their research in the practice
and theory of
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_media_art>new
media art with a special interest in
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telematics>telematics
and technoetics. Their doctoral research leads to
the award of the University of Plymouth PhD.
Post-doctoral research is also pursued. Within
the context of
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transdisciplinarity>transdisciplinarity
and
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syncretism>syncretism,
the Collegium promotes the integration of art,
science, technology, and consciousness research
within a post-biological culture.

·         General topic: Next Nature
·         Application period: 10 July - 10 August 2014
·         An application form and instructions
for applying can be obtained from the I-Node's
website <http://www.i-node.org>www.i-node.org
·         The admission results will be announced on 15 September 2014
·         The studies will commence in October 2014

For further information, please contact the
Executive Director of the I-Node, Katerina
Karoussos at
<mailto:inode.karoussos at gmail.com>inode.karoussos at gmail.com