[artinfo] The Manufacturing Factor - Of crocheting, sawing, soldering, networking...

e-artnow info at e-artnow.org
Thu Sep 19 12:44:20 CEST 2013

THE MANUFACTURING FACTOR - Of crocheting, sawing, soldering, networking...

Motorenhalle. project center for contemporary art Dresden

www.motorenhalle.de

Todays do it yourself (DIY) movement is
developing between the conflicting priorities of
the resurgence of older handwork techniques and
the advent of affordable 3D printers .

When you are ready to send me the text about
money - then I'm ready to get on with it. Hope to
come to the opening next week .

We would like to devote the exhibition,
workshops, dialogues, films and further formats
to this social trend of doing together and
thereby look beyond the hemisphere of the
artistic firmament.

We will present artworks or its documentations
which take up such forms of grassroots
production, or which are based on forms of home
production unusual even to the field of art or
reflect on the DIY movement. In addition, the
Motorenhalle itself will become an open workshop
place.

During the opening of the exhibition you can make
your own wallet from tetra-packs with
Werk.Stadt.Laden L‘btau

ARTISTS

The Ferry Crew, Dresden | Adam Chmiel, Slany, CZ
| Antje Schiffers und Thomas Sprenger, Berlin |
Axel Loytved, Hamburg | Copa & Sordes, Basel, CH
| Daniela Hoferer, Dresden | apparatus 22,
Bukarest, RO | Hein-Godehart Petschulat, Leipzig
| Henrik Schrat, Berlin | Dein Klub (Jens Hermann
und Peter Haury), Stuttgart | Katharina
Schilling, Leipzig | Marijn van der Poll,
Eindhoven, NL | Maximilian Aschenbach, Dresden |
Miss Cross Stitch | Beobachter der Bediener von
Maschinen, D | Susan Donath, Dresden | Thomas
Thwaites, GB | Tobias Sternberg, Berlin/S |

  frank.eckhardt at riesa-efau.de
Frank Eckhardt
Phone: +493518660225
Fax: +493518660212