[artinfo] P.O.S.T. People Organized for Spontaneous Transfers

e-artnow info at e-artnow.org
Sat Sep 14 20:44:41 CEST 2013

P.O.S.T. - People Organized for Spontaneous Transfers

<http://peopleorganized.wordpress.com/>peopleorganized.wordpress.com/

PeopleOrganized at gmx.de

Associate project of the Lisbon Architecture Triennale

Project runs from from September 23rd to October 9th 2013

Lisbon-Marseille

P.O.S.T. - People Organized for Spontaneous Transfers is looking for
people who want to join an experimental game between Lisbon and
Marseille. You do not have to live in one of the cities to
participate!

The history of message-delivery is the history of man trying to
overcome distance to the others, sharing his ideas in order to create
a symbolic world that helps him to transcend solitude. Until recent
centuries, the only way to increase the speed of communication has
been to improve the speed of the messenger. Nowadays, our current
technologies allows us to reduce the equation time/distance, so that
we receive instant messages and information from all around the
world. However, as Franco (Bifo) Berardi remarks, this acceleration
reduce our capacity to feel empathy because the time available to
respond to the constant stimulus is too short.

P.O.S.T. aims to explore the interpersonal ties needed to create
alternative ways of data transfer beyond the regular ones. For this
purpose, we would like to build a network of people that supports in
different ways the message delivery between Lisbon and Marseille from
September 23rd to October 9th 2013. This network fosters personal
encounters and is based on trust, good intentions and reliability.

If you live in Lisbon or Marseille, you can become 'sender-recipient'
or 'network'. The first means that you decide about the message
content and/or you are addressed by it. To become 'network' means
that you are a fundamental part of the process: you support the
message delivering in some way within your everyday life. You can
also suggest strategies for transferring information.

Do you want to participate? Please write to
<mailto:PeopleOrganized at gmx.de>PeopleOrganized at gmx.de

P.O.S.T. is a project by Valeria Schwarz for Sound Development City 2013