[artinfo] call for proposals: FLOSSIE 2013

larisa blazic lab_web at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 30 15:42:09 CEST 2013

CfP: FLOSSIE 2013, 8/9 November, QMUL, London, UK

Flossie 2013 is a two-day event for women who are interested in any
aspect of open technology, open knowledge, digital arts, and social
innovation. Whether you code, tinker, use FLOSS in your projects, or
want to explore open alternatives, all women are welcome - from
expert to novice, or anywhere in between.

The conference is organised on a volunteer basis by an independent
network of women practitioners and we keep the cost very low to
encourage wide participation. We're interested in FLOSS development
in digital arts, creative industries, social innovation - and all
things open from hardware and software to knowledge, data, research
and education - anything open!

Flossie 2013 is a chance to showcase your project, share skills, or
talk about something which really interests you. We're also
scheduling plenty of time to network, share and build on ideas, and
to meet new friends and old.

Call for proposals:

  We're inviting proposals for all aspects of the day.
1. Talk about your current project or a project you'd like to set up
2. Skills sharing workshops on any aspect of Free/Libre Open Source
software, hardware, data - anything open!
3. Talk about social innovation and diversifying technology design
4. Send us your idea for an activity  - as long as it's open!  Even
if you don't feel you have the expertise yourself, and just have an
idea, let us know.

Deadline:  19 July 2013

Submit your proposal here:
<http://www.flossie.org/openconf/>http://www.flossie.org/openconf/