[artinfo] Announcing Open Application for Residency

LA Freewaves anne at freewaves.org
Wed Jan 9 20:10:00 CET 2013

http://e2ma.net/map/view=CampaignPublic/id=1408178.12994019855/rid=2ced6d7465d5919ee7221a54ce30a392
___________________________________

Attention Artists of all Disciplines!!

For the first time since reopening in 2004, the Lucas Artists Residency Program at Montalvo Arts Center is hosting anopen applicationprocess solely for California artists. Through the generous support of the Irvine Foundation, Montalvo Arts Centers Lucas Artists Residency Program will be accepting applications from artists of any discipline residing in California. The Lucas Artists Residency Program is a multi-disciplinary, international residency, seeking contemporary artists from throughout California who feel they could significantly gain from time in our program and also contribute to the Art Center's activities through our Final Fridays program, our open house, public presentations, outreach, performance or through explorations of art on our 175-acre public park and historic site.

Montalvo Arts Center's Artistic Programs develop from our residency. This coming year artists will explore the topic of wellness as we launch our 2013-14 thematic program:Flourish: Artists Explore Wellbeing.For2014-2015 we will be examiningchange and innovation.If you address these topics inyour own work and/or if you would like to explore them while inresidency, please address this in your Letter of Intent.

Applications will only be accepted via Slideroom at:http://www.montalvoarts.slideroom.com/-deadline is January 25, 2013. All past Lucas Artist Fellows or individuals currently enrolled in a degree program are not eligible to apply.Selected artists will be announced in March 2013.

For more information on Montalvo Arts Center and the Lucas Artists Residency Program (LAP) please visit:http://montalvoarts.org/programs/residency

We look forward to hearing from you in the New Year!

Director, Lucas Artists Residency Program

Montalvo Arts Center

6522 Hollywood Boulevard | Los Angeles, CA 90028 US

    forward this email to a friend
    http://e2ma.net/app/view:Forward/ID:1408178.12994019855/send_to_friend/rid:2ced6d7465d5919ee7221a54ce30a392

This email was sent to artinfo at c3.hu. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences: http://e2ma.net/app/view:Manage/signupId:1417124/id:1408178.12994019855/rid:2ced6d7465d5919ee7221a54ce30a392