[artinfo] Exhibition Opoortunity

diana ali alidiana at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 20:52:49 CET 2013

'A State of Un-Play.' EXHIBITION OPPORTUNITY.

Concept:

What does game playing become after the innocence of childhood
imagination? We are often confronted with playing games subconsciously
as the controller or the player whereby we have our own rules,
routines and rituals. Game is defined as adopting goals, rules,
challenge and interaction but as the philosopher, Ludwig Wittgenstein
claims that games can be a misconstrued meaning of language and the
mind.

Because we misunderstand language we use indirect communication,
thought experiments and mind games to get a sense of one-upmanship to
empower or demoralize. What extremes can we go to for feeling
recognition, wanting, acceptance and achievement?

Who?

Artist are invited to submit work which explores the work ethic of
game playing considering tactics, strategy and philosophical
investigations as well as aesthetic work which deals with layout,
intrigue and an appeal to take part. All forms of art are welcome but
there is an emphasis is on installation, interventions, new media and
innovative aesthetics.

Where & When

The exhibition will take place in Bucharest, Romania at Atelier35, in
July 2013 for 2-3 weeks. Specific dates are to be confirmed.

Application

To apply please send up to 6 jpeg images and an approximately 100 word
statement about how the work links to the theme to alidiana at gmail.com

Please note that the submission process is free but if artists are
selected they are required to pay a £20 administration fee.

Deadline for submissions: 10th April 2013.

Curator: Diana Ali.

--
Diana Ali

Visual Artist & Curator, UK