[artinfo] The Yes Men Are Revolting

The Yes Men info at tmwrk.com
Tue Oct 23 06:44:41 CEST 2012

Dear Friend,

As you may know by now, we're making a new movie, The Yes Men are Revolting, that uses humor and disruptive action to focus on climate change, the corporate money that keeps us from addressing it, and the movement that can take our democracy back. It will also launch our most ambitious plan ever: a platform to turn every viewer's enthusiasm and energy into action around these these life-or-death issues.

But to do all this we need you. We need you to support our crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter, or just spread the word.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194236337/the-yes-men-are-revolting

When you pledge to this project, a whole host of unique rewards are yours—including a Secret Decoder Ring that's loaded with media and an access code to secret communications we'll be sending you soon. There are also some more practical rewards—like a Halliburton Survivaball, essential for surviving imminent climate catastrophe.

By pledging, you will be making possible a very funny film about our action-packed mission to hold governments accountable despite overwhelming corporate influence. It's got crazy jokes, unbelievable exploits, shocking documentary footage, nasty stings on evildoers, and a personal story that's sure to keep viewers on the edge of their seats.

But what's truly unique about this film is that at the end, it provides a human-staffed platform to help every viewer get active themselves. Our "Action Switchboard"—which we're designing in cahoots with folks at Mozilla—taps our 100,000-activist database to create fun, meaningful, movement-building projects around the issues we all care about.

On our Kickstarter page, you'll find one of the weirdest, funniest “direct action” videos you're likely to see. Check it out—and even if you're not in a position to kick in money, you can tweet or facebook the link.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194236337/the-yes-men-are-revolting

Please support and spread the word about The Yes Men Are Revolting and the Action Switchboard. Direct action is critical to democracy. Let's make more of it!

Andy, Mike and the whole Yes Men gang
@theyesmen
#revolting

Visit the Kickstarter project now: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194236337/the-yes-men-are-revolting