[artinfo] Curators' Network Budapest | Critical Tinkering | portfólió-kiállítás és nyilvános prezentációk a Ludwig Múzeumban

Judit Szalipszki szalipszki.judit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:25:46 CEST 2012

The Studio of Young Artists’ Association presents:

CURATORS NETWORK – BUDAPEST | CRITICAL TINKERING

A platform for emerging European artists, curators and art professionals to
connect and collaborate. Between 9th and 12th of October 2012, the Studio
of Young Artists’ Association (SYAA) will organize the next encounter of
Curators’ Network at the Ludwig Museum, Budapest.

The Curators’ Network gathering in Budapest is the third in a series of
meetings in five European countries between 2011 and 2013. The Budapest
event will allow Hungarian artists, curators and other art professionals to
exchange ideas with their European counterparts, stimulating dialogue,
debate and communication with a focus on establishing ties of international
collaboration. Curators’ Network is set up by curators and cultural
managers of Spain, Austria, Romania, Poland and Hungary. The goal of this
union is to promote promising artists and projects throughout Europe, who
still feel the lack of international exposure.

The SYAA has invited a wide range of international curators to come to know
the works of 20 emerging Hungarian artists, chosen through an open
application process. The public events of Curators’ Network Budapest
include presentations and a portfolio-exhibition.

*
*

*PORTFOLIO-EXHIBITION*

Selected Artists:

BORSOS LŐRINC, Igor&Ivan BUHAROV, Ádám DALLOS, Sári EMBER, Krisztina ERDEI,
Roland FARKAS, László HATHÁZI, GRUPPO TÖKMAG, Tamás KASZÁS, Katarina ŠEVIĆ,
Ádám KOKESCH, TEHNICA SCHWEIZ, Barna PÉLI, Péter PUKLUS, Eszter SZABÓ,
Péter SZABÓ, Zsófia SZEMZŐ, Hajnalka TARR, Zsolt TIBOR, Júlia VÉCSEI

*
*

*WOULD YOU MIND SOME CRITICAL TINKERING?** **|** two nights of public
presentations by international and local** **curators*

Public events of Curators’ Network Budapest include presentations and a
portfolio-exhibition. The international curators and some local initiatives
present their projects, institutions and curatorial practices on the 11th
(Thursday) and 12th (Friday) October 2012 in the Ludwig Museum. Before and
during the presentations (15.00 – 20.00) the portfolio-exhibition with the
works of the participating artists will also be open to the public.

*
*

*tinker / globally / act / locally*

Presentations will revolve around the rhythm of self-organisation and the
relations between marginality and power, alternative models in cultural
production, the tension between the individual and the organisation in
curatorial processes. We will hear about an output of a project in terms of
'glocality' and by the end of the series of presentations we may be able to
answer the question: 'is going global actually a good way to escape from
the local misery?'

*
*

*tinkering outside the box – models, tactics, strategies, institutions,
curatorial projects and practices*

Sessions will focus on different standpoints on curating, exhibition making
and ways of institutional development. Several presentations will deal with
educational means and models and progressive activities at European art
universities; we will hear about a brand new residency program in Vienna
and we’ll hopefully pocket the key of *how not to die of boredom and
struggle*.

Between 15:00 and 20:00 the portfolio-exhibition will be open to the public
on 11th (Thursday) and 12th (Friday) October. Presentations will start at
17.00.

Please pick up your free ticket at the cash-desk if you arrive before 6 pm.
Please note that the cloakroom of the museum closes at 6 pm and they do not
 hold responsibility for belongings after 6 pm. Therefore, coats and bags
may be taken into the exhibition space.

*
*

*DAY 1 // 11th October 2012*

17:00 – 17:15: Welcome and introduction of the Curators’ Network project by
project managers Borbala
Szalai<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/syaa_borbala>(HU)
and Sören
Meschede <http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/sorenmeschede>(DE)

17: 15 – 17:30: Fatoş
Üstek<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/fatos_ustek>(TR)

Independent curator and art critic based in London, United Kingdom

17: 30 – 17:45: Maaike
Gouwenberg<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/maaike_gouwenberg>(NL)
| Freelance curator, director of A.P.E (art projects era) Europe and
short film programmer at International Film Festival in Rotterdam, The
Netherlands

17:45 – 18:00: Andrea
Löbel<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/andrealoebel>(AT)
| Director of Kunsthalle Exnergasse, Vienna, Austria

18:00 – 18:15: Alina
Serban<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/alina_serban>
(RO)
| Freelance curator

18:15 – 18:30: break

18:30 – 18:45: Eike Berg and János
Sugár<https://www.facebook.com/crosstalkvideoartfestival?fref=ts>(HU)
| visual artists, curators of Crosstalk Video Art Festival in
Budapest, Hungary

18:45 – 19:00: Luigi
Fassi<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/luigifassi>
(IT) | Director of ar/ge kunst Galerie Museum in Bolzano, Italy

19:00 – 19:15:* *Søren
Grammel<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/soren_grammel>(DE)
| Director of Koelnischer Kunstverein, Cologne, Germany
**

19:15 – 19:30: Jürgen
Tabor<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/jurgentabor>(AT)
| Deputy director and curator of the Galerie im Taxispalais in
Innsbruck, Austria

19:30 – 19:45: Fanni Nánay / Placcc Festival <http://en.placcc.hu/> (HU)
Curator and project coordinator of Placcc Festival in Budapest, Hungary

*DAY 2 // 12th October 2012*

17:00 – 17:15: Tevž
Logar<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/tevz_logar>(SI)
| Artistic director of Škuc Gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia

17:15 – 17:30: Estelle
Nabeyrat<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/estelle_nabeyrat>
(FR-DE)| Freelance curator and art critic based in Paris, France

17:30 – 17:45: Sören
Meschede<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/sorenmeschede>(DE)
| Hablar en Arte, Madrid, Spain

17:45 – 18:00: Fatima
Hellberg<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/fatima_hellberg>(GB)
| Freelance curator and curator at Electra in London, United Kingdom

18:00 – 18:15: Gaweł
Kownacki<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/gawel_kownacki>(PL)
| Freelance curator, chairman and co-curator at F.A.I.T. (Foundation
Artists Innovation Theory), Krakow, Poland

18:15 – 18:30: break

18:30 – 18:45: Anca
Mihulet<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/ancamihulet>(RO)
| Curator at the Contemporary Art Gallery of the Brukenthal National
Museum in Sibiu, Romania

18:45 – 19:00: Natxo
Checa<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/natxo_checa>(ES)
| Curator at Zé dos Bois (ZDB) Center for creation, production and
diffusion of contemporary art, Lisbon, Portugal

19:00 – 19:15: János Szoboszlai (HU) | art director of the Institute of
Contemporary Art, Dunaújváros <http://www.ica-d.hu/en/>; Head of Department
of the Program in Fine Art Theory at the Hungarian University of Fine
Arts<http://mke.hu/en/english/art_theory.php>

19:15 – 19:30: Jiří
Ptáček<http://www.curators-network.eu/database/db_item/id/jiri_ptacek>(CZ)
| Art critic, freelance curator and curator at Fotograf Gallery,
Prague, Czech Republic

For the abstracts and the detailed programme please check our website:

http://www.curators-network.eu/budapest/news_item/title/public-program

The event in Hungary is realized with the support of the European
Commission and the National Cultural Fund of Hungary.

More info:

www.curators-network.eu

Video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiRE1C1x90s&feature=player_embedded

Contact:

curators.network.hu at gmail.com

Venue: Ludwig Museum – Museum of Contemporary Art, Budapest

Ludwig Museum – Museum of Contemporary Art

Palace of Arts

Komor Marcell u. 1, Budapest, H-1095

The members of Curators’ Network are:
Hablar en Arte