[artinfo] Artists & Projects-in-Residence @ Caravansarai Istanbul

Julie Upmeyer julie at caravansarai.info
Thu Nov 3 19:57:11 CET 2011

We have two open calls for artists and projects-in-residence for 2012!

1) NOKTA : project-in-residence
We like projects and groups that take over our entire building!

‘Nokta’ is Turkish for ‘point’, ‘dot’, ‘period’, or ‘spot’. Many people think of our building as a spot for individuals and organizations who have ideas for projects (artistic or otherwise) in, around, and about Istanbul.

The NOKTA residency is for artists and collectives with funded projects in Istanbul. For example, if you are invited for an exhibition, or creating a work for a festival, or part of an exchange program.

NOKTA is:
» comfortable and convenient living quarters for (1-4 residents) equipped with private shared bathroom and full kitchen
» production and meeting areas
» advice on how to get things done in Istanbul
» camaraderie, dinner parties, and fun
» central address for mailing and meetings

Deadline is December 31st, 2011
for residencies in 2012/2013
NOKTA Basic Information : http://www.caravansarai.info/files/nokta_info_2012.pdf
NOKTA Application : http://www.caravansarai.info/files/nokta_application_2012.pdf

2) live-work-see
Our seasonal live/work program is open to artists, creators and researchers (over 26 years of age) interested in well... living and working in Istanbul for periods of a minimum of one month and up to 3 months. Residents are responsible for their own financial support.

The live-work-see Residency exists to provide individuals:
» comfortable and convenient living quarters equipped with private shared bathroom and full kitchen, in a building dedicated to creative energy
» shared work space and/or studios in which residents can pursue their individual work
» local guidance and access to a wide network of resources and people in Istanbul by virtue of living within an artistic meeting point

Deadline is December 31st, 2011
for residencies in: March, April, May and June, 2012
'live-work-see' Basic Information: http://www.caravansarai.info/files/liveworksee_info_2012.pdf
'live-work-see' Application: http://www.caravansarai.info/files/liveworksee_application_2012.pdf

Julie Upmeyer
Anika Weshinskey

Caravansarai
art production space and meeting point for creators in Istanbul
www.caravansarai.info
info at caravansarai.info