[artinfo] Yes Men 2.0: The Next Generation

The Yes Men mailing at theyesmen.org
Tue May 31 14:23:30 CEST 2011

Dear Friend,

For years now, and especially since releasing
<http://www.theyesmenfixtheworld.com/screenings.htm>our film, we've
been been flooded with emails saying we should go after evil company
A, or evil politician B, or military-industrial complex C.

Naturally, we can't. There are too many evildoers, and far too few of
us. But the good news is, there are lots of groups and individuals
who can surely do better than us, perhaps with a little coaching and
guidance.

That's why we're launching <http://www.theyesmen.org/lab/>the Yes
Lab, a series of brainstorms and trainings to help activist groups
carry out Yes-Men-style activist projects on their own. We'll give
advice and facilitate, but participants will carry out actions
themselves, without us.

We've already started working with three different groups-stay tuned
this fall-but to really ramp up, and be annoying to as many big-time
criminals as possible, we'll need to hire someone to organize things,
and someone else to rally our tens of thousands of subscribers into
ongoing projects. (Then, soon, instead of emails like this, you'll be
getting emails asking you to participate in actions near you!)

We're aiming to raise $50,000 for an initial 6 months while we build
momentum and find other sources of funding. If you can
<http://theyesmen.org/lab/donate>chip in something to help, we'll
retaliate by sending you some
<http://theyesmen.org/lab/goodies>priceless, wacky or idiotic stuff
from the archive of weirdness we've collected over the past 12 years.
(Trying to find cola-flavored condoms or a nice human-flesh candle?
Yup, we got 'em, and more.)

Also, the first $10,000 in donations will be matched by a very
generous donor who really wants to see the Yes Lab get going full
steam. So if you decide you can spare some money to spread havoc
among those who need it, not only will you receive a unique
<http://theyesmen.org/lab/grab-bag>grab-bag of goodies, or a totally
weird and unique <http://theyesmen.org/lab/grab-bag>service... but
your donation will be worth twice as much!

If our outlandish wares don't tempt you enough to forego the June
rent, you can still help us out by
<http://www.theyesmen.org/lab/share>sharing this with everyone you
think might help out.

And most importantly: if you're with an activist organization, and
would like to work with the Yes Lab to develop some projects around
an issue you're working on, please drop us a line at YesLab at
theyesmen dot org, or via our <http://theyesmen.org/contact>contact
form. We'd love to hear from you, even if it could be a while before
we have the capacity to really move forward with projects!

Yours in productive bedlam,
The Yes Men