[artinfo] creating an Artists Data Base

há bé kcohaeb at indamail.hu
Tue Jan 11 16:26:21 CET 2011

  Dear Friends and Colleagues,     I am writing you on behalf of the Department for Visual and Cultural Researches in the frames of the Euro Balkan Institute, Skopje, Macedonia. The Department is currently working on creating an Artists Data Base and would like to invite you to take participation in the project’s realization.       Western Balkans Artists Network aims at building a data base of artist profiles including information related to artists from the Western Balkans. As a network it aims to offer bigger visibility of the contemporary artistic practices in the region and will work on connecting this network with similar European and world networks. Furthermore, the aim of this network and database is to establish the ground for communication and collaboration among artists, curators, theoreticians and cultural critics from the Western Balkans and Europe by the means of creating an information source base and thus by enhancing the knowledge artists, critics and curators from the WB have on each other’s works.     We hope that this to be an opportunity for every artist and will help you in promoting your work.   We would appreciate if you would be kind to join our project and to follow our requirements regarding the creation of your profile on our web because this is nonprofit project at this moment and your fully cooperation means a lot to us.      Hereby we are kindly asking you to strictly follow our propositions:        Short narrative bio – (up to 800      characters with spaces)Portrait photography – (up to 1024 x 768) Artist statement – (up to 1000 characters      with spaces)Maximum 3 works and up to 4 images from every work 1024 x 768 (video      works can be send also with 720 x 576 resolution [DV])Description of the works and      curatorial texts – (every text up to 2000 characters with spaces)Personal contacts and links
We would kindly ask you to send the information required latest up till 30th of January 2011 to:  visualculturalresearchcentre at gmail.com .    Kind regards,  Visual and Cultural Research Department, Euro Balkan Institute - Skopje