[artinfo] blackout4hungary

Szacsva y Pál szacsvay at freemail.hu
Wed Jan 5 09:11:27 CET 2011

Message: 1

Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 09:03:38 -0800

From: "Michael Gurstein" <gurstein at gmail.com>

Subject: <nettime> Blackout for Hungary

To: "Nettime-L" <nettime-l at kein.org>

http://blackout4hungary.net/en/

Blackout for Hungary

On the 21st of December the party holding the majority of the Hungarian
parliament voted in favor of a new media law that is a collection of some of
the most oppressive and undemocratic laws from all over Europe including
some worrying additions.

To show our concern for fundamental rights and free speech we black out our
online presence on the 5th January 2011 for 24 hours.

We ask everyone concerned about fundamental rights and free speech to black
out its online presence on the 5th January 2011 for 24 hours. To show your
outrage and solidarity with the Hungarian media please include this HTML
snippet into your site, this will automatically add similar black
splashscreen as seen on this site:

http://blackout4hungary.net/en/#