[artinfo] Art & Science at CERN

Paul Brown paul at paul-brown.com
Thu Aug 18 20:16:20 CEST 2011

Art and Sub-Atomic Particles Collide at European Organization for
Nuclear Research

"GENEVA (REUTERS).- CERN, focus of research into the Big Bang and
what makes the universe tick, on Thursday announced a new program --
fusing science with art to encourage painting and music inspired by
the wonders of the cosmos.

"Or more prosaically a "policy of engaging with the arts" that will
involve giving the European nuclear research centre's seal of
approval for cultural projects influenced by the particle physics at
the heart of its work.

""The arts and science are inextricably linked; both are ways of
exploring our existence, what it is to be human and what is our place
in the universe," said CERN director general Rolf Heuer, a German
physicist and classical music fan."

http://www.artdaily.org/index.asp?int_sec=2&int_new=49603
http://arts.web.cern.ch/arts/collide/