[artinfo] Review of Jaron Lanier's book 'You Are Not A Gadget'.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed May 26 15:30:12 CEST 2010

Sorry for any cross posting...

Rob Myers reviews Jaron Lanier's book 'You Are Not A Gadget'.
http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?review_id=392

"Necessary reading for anyone interested in how the Web and the
software we use every day are reshaping culture and the marketplace."
Michiko Kakutani, New York Times.

"Jaron Lanier's book 'You Are Not A Gadget' is a timely polemic, a
cry of the soul in an increasingly soulless Web 2.0 world. I found
reading it a frustrating and inspiring experience. For every time I
wanted to throw the book at the wall in exasperation there was a time
where Lanier spoke to a part of me that the cultural transition from
90s cyberpunk to 2010s cyberpreppy had optimised out." Rob Myers.