[artinfo] Roberto Cimetta Fund: Call for applications
ecsoka at mucsarnok.hu
Fri Jun 4 12:36:18 CEST 2010
e-artnow presents: Roberto Cimetta Fund/Marseille-Provence 2013Roberto Cimetta Fund/Marseille-Provence 2013
info at cimettafund.org
Angie Cotte, coordinator
Roberto Cimetta Fund
c/o ONDA, 13bis rue Henri Monnier, Paris
The Cimetta Fund and Marseille-Provence 2013 joint Mobility Fund supports artistic creation in the Euro-Mediterranean region
Next selection: 25th June 2010 (deadline for receiving applications: 11th June 2010)
Please visit www.cimettafund.org
The Cimetta Fund, Euro-Mediterranean arts mobility programme and Marseille-Provence 2013 – European capital of culture have opened a joint Mobility Fund in 2010. This Fund supports artistic creation in the Euro-Med region in the contemporary performing arts (theatre & dance), circus/puppet art, music, visual/digital arts, film, photography and new writings.
Candidates that submit applications with the following criteria will be prioritized:
- South>South mobility (ie mobility from Maghreb to Near East or vice versa)
- South<>East (ie Balkans to Near East including Turkey, or Maghreb including Egypt and vice versa) mobility
- Projects that can link into the Marseille-Provence events, themes or the region (which encompasses 130 local communities from Arles to Hyères, through St. Remy de Provence and the Pays d'Aix. See MP2013 website for detailed map.)
1) The aim of the trip must be to :
- Set up a project that has a constructive and long term impact (opening workshops/studios/cultural centres/networks…)
- Take part in an artistic residency within an international exchange programme.
- Take part in a meeting/conference involving artists and/or professionals with the aim of networking in the Mediterranean.
- Professional training (master-classes, workshops,…).
2) Date of departure
The trip must take place AFTER the Selection Committee.
3) Country of departure/destination
- The 27 countries of the European Union
- Countries from the East and South coasts of the Mediterranean: Morroco, Algeria, Tunisia, Lybia, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey
- And the countries of the Balkans: FYROM (Macedonia), Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovnia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia, Croatia.
- The countries of the Arabian Gulf: (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Yemen) .
4) Type of project
The journey must contribute to capacity building and the setting up of long term arts and culture projects that will maintain and develop contemporary arts in the region. The applicant must draw new ressources from the trip that will enable him or her to return home and establish local initiatives that will contribute to a more dynamic cultural scene in his or her own country or region. S/he must agree to the transfer of knowledge and skills that have been acquired during the journey in a 'networking' fashion that will gradually benefit connecting artists and operators.
5) Applicant's profile
- No nationality or age criteria: Applicant lives or works in the Euro-Mediterranean region (see list above).
- Profession: performers, creators, teachers, cultural organisers, administrators, project leaders.
- Financial means: applicants who are unable to find the financial resources themselves.
6) Applications must be made on an individual basis. Only 3 members of a group can apply for a grant concerning the same project. A grantholder can only reapply twice. Applicants must choose the cheapest form of transport and can only apply for one international return travel ticket and visa costs if required (no local transport reimbursed). Applications for grants that concern travel for the distribution or production of art works/performances (festival, tour, etc.) are not eligible.
Selection Committees are held during the course of the year. Provisional dates are :
• 25th June 2010 (deadline for receiving applications: 11th June 2010)
• 8th October 2010 (deadline for receiving applications: 15th September 2010)
If you want to apply, please visit the Fund's website to download the 'FRC/MP2013 application form' : www.cimettafund.org
More information about the Artinfo