[artinfo] Fwd: Book Launch for 'Contemporary Romani Politics', January 15th, 5:30 pm, Oxford University

nicolas vass nicovass at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:13:57 CET 2010

http://www.rsc.ox.ac.uk/conf_conferences_140110.html

Dear Friends and Colleagues !

New Year's Greetings for a peaceful and prosperous 2010 !

Please find in the link above all the info. you need for attending the
book launch of 'Contemporary Romani Politics in Europe: poverty,
ethnic mobilization and the neo-liberal order', a book co-edited by
myself and Nando Sigona. The book launch is part of a 2-day conference
entitled 'Romani mobilities' and on the evening of the second day
(15th of January), the launch will be held with myself, Nando and 3
other contributors to the volume.  I have reserved some copies of the
book for the special price of 50% off the retail price, yet another
incentive to attend!  For academic colleagues, I would like to kindly
request that you ask the acquisitions librarian at your institution to
purchase this title.

Those of my friends based in the US or in Budapest or in India who
cannot attend the UK event, please note that I am hoping to organize
several more book launches in DC (or NYC/Austin?), Budapest, and
possibly in New Delhi in 2010 (time permitting of course)!

Thanks for all of your good wishes,and hope to see as many of you in
Oxford as possible !
Nidhi