[artinfo] CALL FOR APPLICATION ENTRY FOR ARCUS PROJECT 2010 ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM

Sári Stenczer stenczer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 17:24:25 CET 2010

http://www.arcus-project.com/en/residence/

Artist-in-residence program of ARCUS Project which aims to support the
artistic activities of emerging

artists was launched in 1995 by Ibaraki Prefectural Government as its
main organizer.  In its 15 years

history, ARCUS has invited 74 artists from 24 countries / regions, and
supported their artistic projects

and researches during the residence.  A number of previous residency
artists are now known as cutting-

edge artists in international art scene.

>From the year of 2010, ARCUS artist-in-residence program will focus more on the

“process”of activities.

Therefore, we are looking for a project which does not regard final
presentation as a goal, but tries to

conduct a site-specific research / project within a certain period of
time. It is also expected that the

research / project is open to the local community for sharing the
process and collaboration. Since our

program is aimed at promoting international exchanges, applicants
should possess national of a country

other than Japan. Not more than one artist will be selected from one
country / region.