[artinfo] activists' engagements in the creation of alternative, autonomous, radical and independent media

Fuster, Mayo Mayo.Fuster at EUI.eu
Tue Dec 7 18:01:44 CET 2010

Interface: a journal for and about social movements

  Volume two, issue two

Voices of dissent: activists' engagements in the creation of alternative,
autonomous, radical and independent media**

*Volume two, issue two of *Interface*, a peer-reviewed e-journal produced
and refereed by social movement practitioners and engaged movement
researchers, is now out, on the special theme "Voices of dissent: activists'
engagements in the creation of alternative, autonomous, radical and
independent media".

*Interface* is open-access (free), global and programmatically multilingual.
Our overall aim is to "learn from each other's struggles": to develop a
dialogue between practitioners and researchers, but also between different
social movements, intellectual traditions and national contexts.

This new issue also marks the launch of our new website, which we hope will
make the site more accessible and support multilingual material and
translations in particular. The site is currently at
http://interfacejournal.nuim.ie but will be accessible through the existing
address of http://www.interfacejournal.net shortly.

This issue of *Interface* includes 26 pieces in 4 languages by authors from
Austria, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia,
the Netherlands, Palestine, Russia, South Korea, Sweden, the UK and the US,
including:

/////////

For those who are interested in feminisms, women movements and women
in movements: we have a new call for paper open on this topic. We
wait for your articles, action / teaching / research notes and so on
and so forth.

A *call for papers* for volume 3 issue 2 of *Interface* is now open,
on the theme of "Feminism, women's movements and women in movement"
(submissions deadline May 1 2011). We can review and publish articles
in Afrikaans, Catalan, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, French,
German, Hungarian, Italian, Maltese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian,
Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Zulu.

The website has full details on how to submit articles for this issue.

Volume 3, issue 2 on "Repression and social movements" is due to be
published in May 2011.

--
Alice Mattoni, PhD
Department of Political and Social Sciences

Badia Fiesolana
Via dei Roccettini 9
I-50014 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI)

Mobile: +39 349 5609048