[artinfo] CHIOSC: open call for artist/curator in residency program (Hungarian participants)

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Fri Aug 20 22:20:17 CEST 2010

OPEN CALL for artist/curator in residency program

CHIOSC – cultural info-point / public platform for participation

residency period: September – October 2010, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova

eligibility: Hungarian artists and curators

Please send your proposals in English or Romanian (short texts accompanied
by visual materials) by email to: vladimir at oberliht.org.md

Deadline: August 30, 2010

- - -

Moldova young artists association Oberliht is offering 10 days long
curator and artist in residency program as part of the CHIOSC project - a
cultural info point and a public platform for participation:
http://www.rhiz.eu/artefact-13485-en.html

Collaborative projects between a curator and an artist are encouraged.

- - -

ABOUT

The CHIOSC project continues the INTERVENTIONS3 project that took place in
Chisinau in 2008 and that consisted in a series of artistic interventions
in various public spaces. Please consult the PDF version of the catalogue
of INTERVENTIONS3 project here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/20080924_INTERVENTII3_machetat.pdf

Besides playing the role of an interface between the local art community
and the international art scene, the CHIOSC project offers a platform for
discussing the today’s condition of public space and the notion of
'public' aiming at understanding better the post-soviet urban space of
Chisinau, almost 2 decades after the fall of the Soviet Union. We are also
interested in artistic practices that extend the functionality of the
pubic space, and in art projects that are growing the access to public
space allowing different categories of people to make use of it.

CHIOSC project is also closely connected to the [Oberlist] mailing list
that we are managing: http://idash.org/mailman/listinfo/oberlist

The project identity is represented by the FLAT SPACE a work by Stefan
RUSU that was installed in November 2009 downtown in Chisinau and that
forms one of the central point around which the project activities are
carried out. Here is a video report from its launch:
http://artycok.tv/lang/en-us/3802/flat-space/ and a short description of
the work itself.

http://oberliht.org.md/chiosc/20091031_FLAT_SPACE_RUSU_Stefan_inauguration_en.pdf

- - -

CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATING

Selected curator in residency is expected to take part in several activities:

- a public presentation in which curator is invited to present his/her own
curatorial practice and research in relation to the purpose of the
residency;

- a selection of films and/or video works presented in a form of a
screening program featuring Hungarian and other international artists for
being presented in FLAT SPACE (here is an example of a screening that was
organized in the FLAT SPACE: http://www.jurnaltv.md/ro/news/23347/);

- the curator is expected to propose a Hungarian artist for a short term
(10 days long) artist-in-residency program in Chisinau, who is supposed to
produce an art work/project that would be presented in FLAT SPACE / or who
would make use of FLAT SPACE during his/her residency (FLAT SPACE as a
site for production, communication and presentation of the art work to the
public). We encourage the invited curator to collaborate with the artist
on his/her work, thus forming a collective;

- writing of a text for being published in POSTBOX magazine
(http://plic.oberliht.com) and / or project catalogue;

- we also expect the curator to participate in the communication process
about the curator in residency and about the artist in residency programs;

- stay open for meeting artists and curators working in Chisinau and
showing interest for establishing new contacts.

Selected artist in residency is expected to:

- prepare a public presentation about his/her work;

- produce in a collaborative way with the curator and present to the
public in Chisinau the results of his/her residency making use of the FLAT
SPACE;

- produce his work taking as a starting point the local context in Chisinau.

- - -

Financial conditions:

We cover international travel expenses (up to 300 euro), 10 days long
accommodation and modest perdiems for the period of stay.

Artists are offered a production grant of up to 100 euro.

- - -

Please find below some information about CHIOSC project and about the
realized activities as part of this project.

There are few texts that we have published as part of INTERVENTIONS3 and
CHIOSC project and that you can download from here:

http://plic09.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/2_supliment_oberliht_web.pdf

http://plic09.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/2_expo_la_plic_area_chicago_atlas_chisinau_apel_a4.pdf

http://plic09.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/200911_supliment_oberliht_web.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/200912_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/200911_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/200910_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/200909_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/200908_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/200907_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/200906_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/200905_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2456009/CHIOSC/200904_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://oberliht.org.md/URGENTA/2009/200902_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://oberliht.org.md/URGENTA/2009/200901_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://oberliht.org.md/URGENTA/2008/200807_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://oberliht.org.md/URGENTA/2008/200806_1_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://oberliht.org.md/URGENTA/2008/200806_2_supliment_Oberliht_web.pdf

http://oberliht.org.md/stare_de_urgenta.html

As part of the CHIOSC project we invite artists and curators to Chisinau
to initiate and produce projects and art works making use of public space
and taking as a starting point the local context.

Information about the first artist in residency program anticipated by a
curator in residency program you can find here:

http://oberliht.org.md/arthotel/?p=59

http://oberliht.org.md/chiosc/20090725_Croatian_Video_Art_BODROZIC_Natasa_en.pdf

http://oberliht.org.md/arthotel/?p=105

http://oberliht.org.md/chiosc/20090703_MALEKOVIC%20Tonka_The%20Possibility%20of%20the%20city_en.pdf

http://oberliht.org.md/chiosc/20090707_PRESENTATION_MALEKOVIC_Tonka_FISTICANU_Ion_The_Possibility_of_the_city_en.pdf

http://artycok.tv/lang/en-us/3764/posibility-of-city/

http://www.rhiz.eu/artefact-49196-en.html

Oberliht association has an office space and a small project space that
can be used for both curator in residency and artist in residency
programs: http://arthotel.oberliht.com

If needed, we will be glad to offer you any other information. We will be
looking forward for your applications.

- - -

The CHIOSC project is carried out in partnership with:

Vizura Aperta, Zagreb

http://www.rhiz.eu/institution-12943-en.html

Slobodne Veze, Zagreb

http://slobodneveze.wordpress.com

Foundation Centrer for Contemporary Art, Kiev

http://cca.kiev.ua

The Studio of Young Artists Association, Budapest

http://studio.c3.hu

UNAgaleria , Bucharest

http://unagaleria.blogspot.com

AREA Chicago

http://www.areachicago.org

it receives financial support from the European Cultural Foundation
http://www.eurocult.org

- - -

contact:

Oberliht Association

str. Gh. Asachi 53/1, lit. "A"
Chisinau 2028, Republic of Moldova
tel/fax: + (373 22) 286317
tel: + (373) 69 171010
email: vladimir at oberliht.org.md
http://oberliht.org.md

http://www.rhiz.eu/institution-3487-en.html

http://www.facebook.com/Oberliht

Vladimir US

CHIOSC   |   director de proiect

http://oberliht.org.md/chiosc.html

Proiectul CHIOSC este realizat cu suportul financiar al Fundatiei
Culturale Europene http://www.eurocult.org

--
Moldova Young Artists Association "Oberliht"
http://www.oberliht.org.md