[artinfo] Fwd: Funding for artists travelling to Eastern Europe

hajnalka somogyi hsomogyi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 13:46:59 CEST 2010

Kedves Kollégák,

Alább egy grant lehetőség, ha valakinek épp erre van szüksége.

Üdvözlettel,

Somogyi Hajnalka

I work at the nonprofit Foundation for Contemporary Arts (the board at FCA
mandates that an artist be in charge of the grant programs). I'm writing in
effort to spread the word about the FCA's *Emergency Grant* program which
provides small grants for visual and performing artists who have
unanticipated, sudden opportunities to present their work to the public, or
who incur unexpected or unbudgeted expenses for projects underway and close
to completion. This year we have funds set aside specifically for US-based
artists travelling to Eastern Europe. As this is a particular program
intended for artists who have last-minute funding setbacks and immediate
needs, it's a very specific niche, but quite valuable as many artists and
performers find themselves in exactly these types of emergency situations.

Individual artists and organizations are eligible to apply, and while we
have a small amount of funds this year that are restricted to Eastern
European travel, the program is of course open to other non-EU opportunities
as well. There are certain restrictions (no funding for students or
scholarships, etc.) that are listed in our guidelines on the website. Also
note that while artists and organizations must be US-based, US citizenship
is not a requirement.

More information can be found on our website at
http://foundationforcontemporaryarts.org/grant_programs/immediate_needs.html.
Would you be able to pass this information along to artists who are US-based
and are working on projects in Eastern Europe in the coming year?

We will be giving an information session next month as well, so if you can
spread the word about this event to anyone in NYC who may be interested,
that would be terrific, I will be there to answer any questions artists may
have (info below).

I greatly appreciate your help, please feel free to contact me if you have
any questions. Best wishes,

Mary

Mary Simpson

Program Manager