[artinfo] ALMOST NOTHING

St.Auby Tamas iput at c3.hu
Thu May 7 01:00:33 CEST 2009

-------------- next part --------------

LADA project presents: ALMOST NOTHING

Temporary City - Pecs, Hungary / organized by: Kozelites Muveszeti
Egyesulet / Approach Art Association

In the framework of the Temporary City project, LADA will flood the
interior of the space at its disposal in strong purple light ?
following the example of Berlin?s rentable empty shops, with the
obvious objective of arousing interest.
In the almost, yet not quite, empty space, where a subdued, dim,
crackling noise can be heard continuously (the sound of fire with
guitar-tunes seeping in), text-based works (messages manifestos) will
be scattered, warning of the distortions of our society, our abstract
values, and the importance of our lives and decisions.
Marked by the ? strongly contrastive ? light and sound that fills, or
rather leaves the space empty, the mostly text-based works function
with minimal devices, but all the more effectively.

exhibiting artists: Ian An?ll, Marc Bijl, Hajnal Nemeth, Janos Sugar,
Szacsva y Pal

sound ambience: Peter Lowas

15-24 May 2009
vernissage: 15 May, 19:00
Kiraly utca 42. Pecs

2 musical performances ? based on Hajnal N?met?s idea :

TUNING / 16. May, 16:30, performed by Tunechestra ? an ad-hoc formation

RECORDED / 16 May, 17:00, performed by Gabor Nemes

Kiraly utca 42. Pecs