[artinfo] International Women’s Sound

utopiana at utopiana.am utopiana at utopiana.am
Tue Mar 3 23:26:54 CET 2009

Utopiana and our soundlaboratory invite all-female music bands and
individual musicians to take part in a music project called
International Women’s Sound which includes a music festival, music
workshops and seminars.

We are seeking artists who produce and perform primarily in the
following contemporary genres: alternative, experimental, avant-
garde, sound performance(DJ), rock, and punk, as well as contemporary
music.

Preference will be given to female musicians who are not currently
recognized in their communities due to their gender and genre of
music. Our aim is to promote and support the work of artists (either
bands or solo musicians) in contemporary music who have not had a
great deal of exposure in their countries.

Application Deadline: April 1 , 2009
Project Dates: September 18 - 25, 2009
Festival Dates: September 20 - 21, 2009

Please submit completed application forms to the attention of Tsomak
(Armine Oganezova) at ts_oga at utopiana.am, and contact us if you have
any questions:

tel. +374 93 391712
fax. +374 10565026
mob. +374 77 232401

UTOPIANA
Quai Capo d'Istria 9,1205 Genève,Suisse
0041(0)22 3209830, 0041(0)79 8249313
Zaroubyan 34, Erevan, Arménie
t.00374(10)565026, t.m. 00374(0)93518184