[artinfo] Residency opportunity for environmental artists and activists

Maja & Reuben Fowkes fowkes at translocal.org
Mon Feb 2 09:55:06 CET 2009

ELSEWHERE ARTIST COLLABORATIVE

2009 special residencies for environmental artists, designers,
sustainable-builders and activists

Elsewhere, an arts production site and living museum in downtown
Greensboro, NC, is seeking eco-cultural producers for Urban-Green
residencies during the 2009 spring and summer seasons . Set in a
reclaimed alley behind a former thrift store housing a 58-year
collection of American surplus, thrift, and antiques, Elsewhere invites
environmental practitioners to utilize this space and creative resources
to pursue site-specific material, conceptual, and/or
infrastructure-based projects. Elsewhere's museum and public park
provides dynamic architectures for the creation and installation of
works, as well as opportunities to implement innovative environmental
programs, practices, and systems. At Elsewhere, artists live and work
within transforming public installations indoors and out;
these interactive environments become platforms for re-conceptualizing
the theory and practice of art-making as an ongoing process of exchange
in community.   Creators and collaborative groups interested in our
Urban-Green initiative should email residencies at elsewhereelsewhere.org
<mailto:residencies at elsewhereelsewhere.org> with "Green Residency" in
the subject line to receive an application and brochure.  We review
applications at the end of each month.
  http://www.elsewhereelsewhere.org/residencies.html