[artinfo] Fwd: Open call for painting & drawing - Only 3 days left to submit!

Sári Stenczer stenczer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:41:27 CET 2009

       3rd Ward is on the search for the best painting, drawing,
print-making and works on paper and there are only 3 days left to submit!
Our last Group Show open call culminated in an opening reception for The
Best Emerging Photographers which drew over 300 art revelers.  Now we're at
it again and this time 25 people will be selected to be part of an amazing,
curated show of the most interesting & innovative work today!

The 2009 Winter Group Show
A search for the best painting, drawing, print-making and works on paper

     http://www.3rdward.com/groupshowcurrent/adl3

Drawing is still basically the same as it has been since prehistoric times.
It brings together man and the world. It lives through magic.

     - Keith Haring

25 Artists will be selected as the best.  1 will receive the grand prize of
$500, 4 runners up will receive $150 and all 25 artists will receive:

     * A group show in 3rd Ward's gallery
     * A feature in 3rd Ward's quarterly magazine
     * 1-month Basic Membership to 3rd Ward
     * NYC wide exposure - post cards, flyers, press!

For this call we are joined by Judges: David Elshout, Antistrot mastermind,
Rachel Hinde, Founding Director of Re-Title, and Kate McNamara, Curator at
P.S.1.

Submit Now!

     http://www.3rdward.com/groupshowcurrent/adl3

Accepting entries through December 3, 11:59 pm EST.