[artinfo] survey: Art and its Portents

Andrew Mount mounta at cortland.edu
Sun May 18 23:47:58 CEST 2008

This survey is being sent to a range of differing creative and
cultural practitioners:
Artists, Art historians, Theorists, Writers, Philosophers.

I have done this intentionally. I felt that contemporaneously, it is
a given that conversation generated about art is not the exclusive
province of artists, and as such, those that are likely to engage in
thought and/or discussion about artwork should be addressed. The
results of this survey will be archived and exist as an unmediated
text.
This is the first of several other surveys that I intend to send out,
so if you would rather not be included in future mailings, or if you
would like to propose people that you know would be interested,
please contact me by email here: alm2129 at gmail.com

There are just a couple of questions here, and they are meant to be
good conversation starters. Rather than ask questions trenched in
theory or art history, I have tried to ask open questions that lead
to a set of opinions about the state of art and art practice. They
are hopefully flexible enough questions that they may be approached
from a range of perspectives and levels of detail.
If you want to send longer comments to me, then by all means email
me: alm2129 at gmail.com

So, here is the 3 question survey - simple questions trying to gather
reactions to statements about art.
If you have 5 minutes to answer the questions I would be very grateful.
Here is the link:
http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=ztkj8r2d2kyxt1h440334

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew