[artinfo] fwd: research about artist-run spaces

Janos Sugar sj at c3.hu
Fri May 9 00:54:46 CEST 2008

subject: Request - support for a research about artist-run spaces

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

my name ist Inka Christmann and I am working on a research about
artist-run spaces (independent or uncommercial showrooms, ect.),
which are or were or will be located in your city or the environment
of your city.

Quite often these rooms are situated in private apartments, studios,
empty buildings or former shops, which serve only for a short time
period as a cultural space with art exhibitions, performances,
readings or music events.

Due to the short existence of these spaces and the minimal amount of
money they are curated with, most of the time they do not develop an
online presence. This lack of information makes them very hard to
trace and a research about these rooms nearly impossible.

Against this background I hope you are able to help me with some
known contacts or forward my request to your teaching staff, artists,
friends or/and students.

Thank you in advance for your support, I am looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Inka (Christmann)

Contact: inkachristmann at web.de
or