[artinfo] Call for participation

Gerben Kruk gpak99 at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 30 22:17:46 CEST 2008

Call for participation: WALL

WALL is an installation which is presented May 10 till 18 during
Kunstvlaai 7 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. WALL is carried out by
Petersburg Project Space; the newest artist initiative in the center
of Amsterdam.

WALL emphasizes and denies our space. By taking the barrier from our
project space into the public field, an infinite artist run space is
formed. By way of this ‘displacement’ we want to redefine the value
of the WALL outside. Inside Petersburg Project Space the wall is
functional; separating the private and public space. Outside the wall
is an obstacle which will need to be transformed into a center point.

We will organize a daily program on and around the WALL and ask
artists to invent new meaning for the relocated WALL. There will be a
selection of 10 proposals each of whom will receive a budget to
realize the work. The main focus will be on installations,
performances, lectures and interventions.
Check www.petersburgprojectspace.org for more information about the
criteria, deadline, budget, and how to apply.